Problem: Main slider

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
I've noticed as I download .png files via SSH, that I cannot view them. I get an error message saying that Photoshop cannot parse them?

Any suggestions?
change your default viewer to preview if your on a mac, and im not sure for windows, but make it the default viewer for your system, aka whatever it was before photoshop. plus, you cannot view all png's can be viewed after download, it happens on a mac too, may i ask exactly which file you were trying to look at and ill see if i can pull it up?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
change your default viewer to preview if your on a mac, and im not sure for windows, but make it the default viewer for your system, aka whatever it was before photoshop. plus, you cannot view all png's can be viewed after download, it happens on a mac too, may i ask exactly which file you were trying to look at and ill see if i can pull it up?
I'm on a Mac. I don't have the particular file I was trying to view at hand. But it happens every time I download a .png file vis SSH. It happens if I try to view the image in Photoshop, or with the viewer. The only time I experience this problem is with SSH.

Thanks

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
I'm on a Mac. I don't have the particular file I was trying to view at hand. But it happens every time I download a .png file vis SSH. It happens if I try to viewthe image in Photoshop, or with the viewer. The only time I experience this problem is with SSH.

Thanks
what ftp client are you using? i use fugu without any problems. i don't know my way around to well with any of the others, but i know that will fugu there is an option for a secure download. i use that to save files to my desktop where i view them with viewer with no problem. trying to view the files within the ssh client never works for me. try fugu and post up your results, well get this sorted out.

you can download fugu HERE

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
what ftp client are you using? i use fugu without any problems. i don't know my way around to well with any of the others, but i know that will fugu there is an option for a secure download. i use that to save files to my desktop where i view them with viewer with no problem. trying to view the files within the ssh client never works for me. try fugu and post up your results, well get this sorted out.

you can download fugu HERE
I use Cyberduck, which also has a secure download option. Your message had prompted me to look into the preferences, and I made some changes, I'll see if they work.

You've been helpful, thanks.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
I use Cyberduck, which also has a secure download option. Your message had prompted me to look into the preferences, and I made some changes, I'll see if they work.

You've been helpful, thanks.
anytime, keep me posted if it works or not, im going through the png's on my phone and making a list of what can and cant be viewed.