problem of 8-pin lightning port

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tinachao, Dec 3, 2012.

1. tinachao

tinachao New Member

The charging port of iPad 4 is 8 pin now, impossible to connect with the 30-pin accessories directly. Found an item called iPad 4 lightning connector adapter from etrade supply. I wanna know whether it can solve the probelm of connecting iPad 4 with the 30-pin accessories. Should I buy it?

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Apple had their own 30 pin to lightning connector

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

For now I would stick with adapters from Apple. That is unfortunate as they are so darned expensive but they will work. Getting a non-Apple lightning adapter from the web is a very iffy proposition right now because most of the un-official adapters out there may not work. I still need to get several more charging cables for my iPhone 5 but am holding off until I see how this issue works itself out.

4. tinachao

tinachao New Member

But it seems too expensive

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Better to spend $30 on something that you know works than $8 on an adapter that might not work at all or only in a limited way. If it's Apple it's going to be expensive but right now they are the only game in town. There are many cords and adapters out there that either don't work at all, may charge but not transfer data or worse yet, do damage to your device. That's why I'm going to wait until some "Known to be good" third party adapters and cords are available before getting any more than I absolutely need for now.

6. tinachao

tinachao New Member

Sounds great idea. But did you got thing from the place I mentioned above or heard of it? Is it reliable?

7. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I bought the extra charging/data cords I needed from Apple. There are many reports on this site and others of adapters and cords from China and elsewhere that are not sanctioned or licensed by Apple and they do not work because they did not incorporate the authentication circuitry built into the Apple Lightening connectors. That lack of authentication circuitry is changing as the companies, that are copying the cords and adapters, have realized their mistakes and are re-engineering their products to work properly but I have not yet heard positive proof that this has been done and that their products have reached the market. Right now the only places to purchase the Apple Lightening data/charging cords or adapters is either directly from Apple or from the cellular carrier that is providing cellular service for the iPhone 5 or iPad 4.