Problem printing to HP PhotoSmart C310

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lmacklin, Dec 10, 2013.

1. lmacklin

lmacklin New Member

I have a MBP about 6 months old and am trying to figure out how to consistently print photos to a year old HP PhotoSmart C310 printer. It prints successfuly about 1 in 4 tries. The other 3 it just prints jibberish. The printer says it has the latest driver installed and the MBP is set to automatically update. I am using iPhoto set to print 5 x 7 size. When I click Print it seems to sent the job okay to the printer but it appears to reset the printer as the printer the display goes black momentarily then comes back on with the HP logo and thrashes for about 15 seconds then stops. If I look at the print queue on the MBP the green Resume button is highlighted. Pressing it results in a print - but usually jibberish. Resending the print job repeats the same process as described above but is successful only about 25% of the time. A huge waste of photo paper, cartridges, and time. Note, I have tried rebooting (shutting down/recycling the power) both the MBP and printer - no affect on the problem. Any ideas? Or, there a better printer for printing photos from the MBP?

Sent using iCafe app

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Tried removing the printer driver and reinstalling?

3. lmacklin

lmacklin New Member

I will try reinstalling it tomorrow.

Sent using iCafe app

4. lmacklin

lmacklin New Member

I removed the printer on my MBP, rebooted it, then reinstalled the printer. Also, restarted the printer just in case. It printed one picture then went back to the same problem described above. So, I don't know if this is a broader Apple/HP problem or my particular MBP doesn't work with this particular HP printer. BTW, it works fine with a Windows 7 desktop. So, after two days of wasted time and frustration, I give up. I just ordered a Cannon PIXMA 7120 printer from Amazon. Hopefully, I will have better luck with this combination.

Sent using iCafe app

5. lmacklin

lmacklin New Member

Wow, received the new Cannon printer today from Amazon - just ordered it yesterday! Plugged it in, installed the cartridges, it found my WiFi network right away and automatically connected. My MBP immediately found it and printed a beautiful 6" x 4" photo in less than 10 seconds. Then it printed a second, and a third perfectly! What a difference. The Cannon PIXMA app I installed on my iPad Mini also printed photos perfectly. So, I highly recommend the Cannon MG7120 printer for hassle-free setup and fast, perfect printing!

Sent using iCafe app