Problem Receiving Calls

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bad1550

Aug 13, 2007
Today I am having problems receiving calls. When people call me they said it goes right into voicmail, and I do not receive a voicemail notification. I never had any issues with the iPhone until today.

I tried also calling my iPhone from a landline phone and it does not ring.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

bad1550

Aug 13, 2007
Because it's a computer. They get wonky sometimes. You should make it a habit of power cycling the phone once a day.
Just had the same problem again. It seems I cannot receive calls when I am streaming XM through Orb?

Its weird because I've been streaming prior to today with no issues?

Bob

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just had the same problem again. It seems I cannot receive calls when I am streaming XM through Orb?

Its weird because I've been streaming prior to today with no issues?

Bob
If you're on Wifi, your calls should be coming through. If you have an active Edge connection, though, they will go to voicemail. Apparently, there has been speculation on this board that this is dependant on what cell tower you're currently on, but I don't really know anything beyond that.

But yeah, if you're not getting calls while surfing on Edge, that's probably normal.

bad1550

Aug 13, 2007
If you're on Wifi, your calls should be coming through. If you have an active Edge connection, though, they will go to voicemail. Apparently, there has been speculation on this board that this is dependant on what cell tower you're currently on, but I don't really know anything beyond that.

But yeah, if you're not getting calls while surfing on Edge, that's probably normal.
That could be it, I am on the edge Network especially at work.

Thanks,

Bob

niceness

Aug 14, 2009
i'm very upset cause i spent a lot of money for it, i turned it off n turned it back on and it's still doing the same thing. i think i'm going to get a blackberry or a HTC phone which one is better?

evan424

Sep 14, 2007
Mine does the same thing. I rebooted it and also did a restore through iTunes. Took it to an ATT store and they gave me a new SIM card. Still happens. Totally random but almost every day. HELP!

Apr 10, 2011
THE SOLUTION to the "iPhone not receiving calls problem" is to select your current phone provider as the CARRIER and not leave it as Automatic. I was being labeled as "unreachable" by everyone until i figured this out on my own. My phone it seems spent so much time querying my provider that it was ignoring incoming calls regularly. I have gone from missing 70% of my calls to now missing 0%. Please try this and save you and your phones reputation LOL.

May 4, 2011
hello guys i have the problems with camera & waking up. I asked different guys regarding that problem and none of it know that and iam seem helpless. I have been using i Phone 2G.