Problem restoring to 1.0.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jimmaye

Sep 21, 2007
i need to restore after some problems with a few applications, my phone is not unlocked. i do not want to update to 1.1.1, i'm trying to restore to 1.0.2 using the library-->itunes-->software update thing, but everytime i select 1.0.2, iTunes says there's an unknow error & won't let me restore. so now my phone is stuck in recovery mode & i can't do anything. anyway around this without updating?

ataq

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
i need to restore after some problems with a few applications, my phone is not unlocked. i do not want to update to 1.1.1, i'm trying to restore to 1.0.2 using the library-->itunes-->software update thing, but everytime i select 1.0.2, iTunes says there's an unknow error & won't let me restore. so now my phone is stuck in recovery mode & i can't do anything. anyway around this without updating?
after reading all the other posts of ppl trying to get the 1.0.2 back, i think its 1.1.1 or nothing. sorry to hear your troubles, maybe its best to upgrade then wait for the developers to jailbreak the new update

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
Same thing here... you will have to restore back to 1.1.1.....

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Seems to me last iTunes must have had this change in it

Apple screwed us more - I have to take my hat off to them - they seem to have managed to ensure anyone with 1.0.2 on their phones (whether unlocked or not) have to go to 1.1.1, if they need to restore - see other thread on taking 1.0.0 to 1.0.2. One way to ensure latest firmware on all phones. Wait for it to update your 1.0.2 phone regardless of if you tell it to or not.