problem syncing memos and todo list from Palm desktop

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

helen567

Jul 22, 2007
I previously posted an outlook 2000 sync problem and finding no solutions, upgraded to Outlook 2007. I also had all my data on Palm Desktop. Using CompanionLink Pro, I was able to sync my calendar and contact list from Plam through Outlook to the iPhone. So... I am half way there! Only problem is I cannot figure out how to sync my notes and todo list.

Are others having problems syncing these too? Any suggestions as to how to get the TodoList and Notes (memos) onto the iPhone.

TIA.:)

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I got bad news for you: the iPhone does not have a To Do List. It does have Notes, but they are NOT syncable.

Many of us are hoping for a To Do list and syncable Notes in a future software update.

But I'm starting to get nervous that there are so many things that I/we want in future updates, that getting them all might not ever happen. To name just a few: cut & paste, To Do list, cut & paste, syncable Notes, cut & paste, MMS, unlimited capacity for SMS, Voice Dialing, global search (or any kind of search function!), user customizeable ringtones/home page/etc., playlists for videos and not just music (I've got a WMC XP machine, and nearly 700 recorded TV shows and movies; wading through that entire list every time I want to check one off to copy onto my iPhone gives me gas just to think about!), home page widgets for common functions (like one touch WiFi on/off, bluetooth on/off, etc), increased volume for earpiece, increased volume for speakerphone during phone calls (or ANY daggone volume, for that matter), MS Exchange support, tethering, the ability to save email attachements, the ability to create/save Office files, multiple email delete...well, the list goes on. Did I mention cut & paste?

And that's before we even START to talk about opening up development for 3rd party apps.

Still, according to several surveys I've read (including USA Today, PC World, others) almost all of us who have an iPhone really like it, and will keep it. For all the things the iPhone can't do, there are so many more that it CAN do, and apparently most of us are willing to make some concessions to keep using it. I think it's a testament to how huge the potential is for this device, that it is even POSSIBLE to add so much more to a device that is already so intriguing.

I love mine, and I will not part with it...but man, do I hope they give me some more updates soon. I really needs me my search capability and a To Do list!

Oh...and cut & paste.

helen567

Jul 22, 2007
I too will be keeping my iPhone but I agree with you on everything.... the cut and paste, the increased volume, and the ability to have and sync notes and todo lists. For now, my Palm will still have to be my major connection with everything in my life... here's hoping that someone (at Apple) , somewhere will hear us and incorporate these changes!

(I just visited the Apple store genius desk and they pretty much told me the same thing.... no to do lists, no syncing with notes (although they supposedly are being backed up but we cannot see them) and the volume that they tell me is fine, really isn't when you are on a croded street or there is any background noise!)