Problem un-jailbreaking

halp!

Jun 21, 2009
Hey guys. I had my 2.2.1 iPhone 3g jail-broken for a while, but when the iPhone 3.0 update came, i decided i would revert to normal iPhone firmware. Everything turned out fine except for one thing. When i had categories on my (jail-broken) phone, it would sort different apps into groups that i selected. The apps that were put into categories no longer show up on my phone. i have tried restoring my iPhone and updating the apps but they seem to dissappear when i re-install them. I would just go back and remove categories with cydia, but there is no jail-break available for the 3.0 firmware. any soloutions?

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
to get your apps back.. goto Settings>General>Restrictions>Enable Restrictions>Put in a temp passcode (x2)>Disable Restrictions>Enter Passcode You will have all apps that were in categories back on your home screens.

BTW there is a jailbreak for 3.0... just no unlock yet..

Hope this helps ;

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
to get your apps back.. goto Settings>General>Restrictions>Enable Restrictions>Put in a temp passcode (x2)>Disable Restrictions>Enter Passcode You will have all apps that were in categories back on your home screens.

Hope this helps ;
Interesting if that works. If not, just restore your iPhone and set up as a New iPhone (don't restore from backup).

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
Interesting if that works. If not, just restore your iPhone and set up as a New iPhone (don't restore from backup).
I know right, i didn't believe it when i read it somewhere... i felt like a noob when i forgot to take them out of the categories before i upgraded.. but it does work.. donno y.. but oddly enough..

Deavenger

Jul 15, 2008
That's a good tip! I too did the same thing and it worked for me. Thanks!:laugh2:

bredfan

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007

Hope this helps ;

This trick also works to restore any apps you may have hidden with POOF.