Problem using SFTP on iPhone

manishk

Jan 2, 2008
Hi,

I am facing a problem using SFTP. I was able to use it till yesterday and I transfered few PDF Files on my iPhone.

The phone is working fine even wi-fi but when i connect to my mac using fugu it says connection refused. Also When I check my wi-fi setting on my iPhone it gives me ip i.e. 192.168.1.101 but when I check it on my wi-fi router it tells me 192.168.1.102.

I have reinstalled BSD system ans uninstall and reinstalled OPEN SSH but same result.

Please advice what can be done.

Thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Is your IP address set staticly? It sounds as if something has that address set as static on your iPhone. Check all programs and connections to make sure that it is not. If you find it listed somewhere with the .101 address, change it back to .102.
Your Router is going to know what address it has assigned and to what device, so if it's saying that your iPhone is .102 and your phone is saying .101, then your phone is wrong.

manishk

Jan 2, 2008
I tried doing that, I changed the ip address of my phone to the same on router but same result. I tried fugu with both but 101 it does not reply anything but with 102 it says "CONNECTION REFUSED"

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Try renewing your connection on the iPhone to see if it picks up the new IP address. Also, if you have something configured for Open SSH, that could be messing you up too. I don't know enough about open SSH to say for sure, but I would definitely look at every possibility.

manishk

Jan 2, 2008
later when I used fugu the problem changed to..

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is

and I was able to fix it.

What I did then was on my mac went to user folder and hit CMD + Shift + G and type ".ssh". Delete the known hosts file

an thats it the problem was solved.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
good Deal.:cool: