Problem with 2 years contract?

Giies

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I brought my first iPhone on July and signed up for a 2 years contract, so the contract should expired on July 09, but 2 days ago, i bought another one, use the sims from my first iPhone, i activate it and now my contract is extended for 3 more months, i looked at my account online it said that the contract will expired on Oct 09. I can't believe they do that. ATT really start to piss me off. is anyone having this problem and is there anyway talk to them about this?

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I'm sure they have been snake bittin WAY too many times to let stuff slide and give here and there and all that kind of stuff. AT&T has their ups and downs like every other company out there, (not trying to be tacky) but that is one of those deals, if you don't like them, go somewhere else. (like I said, I wasn't trying to be tacky with that last statement.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah it doesn't make much sense for them to extend your contract especially if you're just using a replacement iPhone. I would contact AT&T for sure and get it corrected. Did you sign ANOTHER 2 year contact by putting the SIM into the new phone?

Oct 3, 2007
AT&T contracts added to home bundle account

I have AT&T, SBC global at home, I have DSL, DISH and LANDLINEs, I want to add a iPhone to my account and start a wireless plan to add to my account so that I can have all one bill. Has anyone else added an iPhone to their home plan? I heard that the cost would actually initially bring down the cost of a 4 item bundle plan froma 3 item bundle plan by $34.00, then you add the cost of the iPhone minutes and digital access. I sort of wanted to know what I am dealing with before I spend anhour on the phone with the phone company, I heard I could pop a CD in the computer and start the process for a new account but it does not allow you to add the iPhone to a home account with the CD plan.

If you have added the ipHONE to your home AT&T account or work for AT&T please reply, I would really appreciate your insight.

Thanks for hearing my dilemma

JMMARICH

Oct 5, 2007
First post! I am shopping for an iPhone and getting one next week.

I actually contacted them yesterday with this question. I have a landline, DSL, and Dish all in a bundle package. I did the online chat with a customer service person and said I had some questions about adding a phone to my package deal and any incentives or deals they offered. He immediately asked if he could call my home number. He called a few seconds later and we chatted about it.

He told me that they offer 5 bucks a month off the plan price for normal phones, but the iPhone was not discounted in any way regardless of how you purchase it or if you have a bundle already.

Hope this helps.

--Josh

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
So, hypothetical situation: You bought an iPhone on day one, along with beginning a 2-year contract (mandatory) with AT&T. You own and use your phone for 1-year and 364 days, when suddenly your battery completely dies. You go to the Apple store, and discover that the cost for them to replace your battery is as much as what the newer model iPhone cost at that time. So, you decide to buy a new iPhone instead as a replacement. Does your 2-year contract start all over again?

I don't know much, but if this is true, I believe this might be where there term "having somebody by the ba***" may have come from. :p

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
So, hypothetical situation: You bought an iPhone on day one, along with beginning a 2-year contract (mandatory) with AT&T. You own and use your phone for 1-year and 364 days, when suddenly your battery completely dies. You go to the Apple store, and discover that the cost for them to replace your battery is as much as what the newer model iPhone cost at that time. So, you decide to buy a new iPhone instead as a replacement. Does your 2-year contract start all over again?

I don't know much, but if this is true, I believe this might be where there term "having somebody by the ba***" may have come from. :p
==================================================

Yep, the contract would start all over again. They gotcha!

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Just wondering how much is the battery for a iPhone
=============================================

The out of warranty cost is $85.95 ($79 + $6.95 shipping). You have to send in your phone and it will take a minimum of 3 businesss days to get it back. I'm pretty sure that Applecare will cover the battery also which would extend the total warranty time to two years from the date of purchase.

abian2

Dec 13, 2007
I brought my first iPhone on July and signed up for a 2 years contract, so the contract should expired on July 09, but 2 days ago, i bought another one, use the sims from my first iPhone, i activate it and now my contract is extended for 3 more months, i looked at my account online it said that the contract will expired on Oct 09. I can't believe they do that. ATT really start to piss me off. is anyone having this problem and is there anyway talk to them about this?
Yeah, it's sad. It was in the contract somewhere, cause when I got mine last week, the sales person high-lighted that line. It's not fare, but like most of us, you signed it.