Problem with 30pin to Lightning Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by jw-nobo, Jan 11, 2015.

1. jw-nobo

jw-nobo New Member

I recently purchased two MD824ZM/A 30pin to Lightning adapters to connect my iPhone 6 to my car stereo and home stereos, both of which have 30pin connectors for the iPhone 4.

Both adapter cables result in the message "This accessory is not supported by this device" when plugged into the iPhone 6, before any other connections are made.

Tried returning the adapters to the Apple store, but the ones they had in stock had the same problem.

I've also seen others post that the adapter worked fine with their iPhone 5/6, so it seems only some of the adapters are faulty.

I've seen mention of this problem over a year ago (re the iPhone 5) and assumed that by now Apple would have released a fix to IOS to fix it. Apparently not. Hard to believe that this problem with a genuine Apple accessory can go on for so long with no resolution.

Does anyone have a solution or update on this issue?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I have an Apple 30 pin to Lightning adapter. I just tested it in my car via USB with an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5s and both played music and charged without problems. I think the problem is with your car and home stereos. Is there a firmware update available for either of your stereos?