Problem with case I ordered

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
I ordered a leather case from this eforcity.com website, it advertised it as being able to fit the iPhone 3G when I ordered it, now it's saying it won't fit it and it's for the V1. I didn't think there was too much of a difference between the size of the phones, is it possible I could stretch it and make it fit when it comes in?

Here's the case I ordered:

http://www.eforcity.com/leather-case-w-belt-clip-for-apple-iphone-black-cappipholc10.html

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Where did they reneg on the fact that it fit a 3G? On their website, or to you personally on the phone?

Regardless, you may be able to fit a 3G in there. It looks flexible enough. No way to know until it arrives, though. Let us know.

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Last week it was under the 3G section and said it fit the V1 and the 3G, now they have all these disclaimers that it won't fit. Hopefully it's flexible, they are sending some kind of free static cling screen protector too (probably for the V1 as well).

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Wow that's pretty shady. Doesn't bode well. I would be raising a stink to get my money back if it doesn't fit. Although you can't really knock that price.

I've done businesss with eforcity... can't remember what i bought at the moment, but I don't remember any issues. If you get screwed, get in touch with someone there and have them throw you a bone.

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Yeah, I dropped them a quick e-mail. The shipping information hasn't updated so I don't know if they've even sent it out yet. I could probably just... jam the phone in there =p

I already know the old static cling screen protectors that they sent for free 'kind of' fit, they leave a bit of the edges exposed, but the case should protect that area too.

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
They've finally responded to my e-mail. Unfortunately they've already shipped it out, I guess I'll have to wait and see how flimsy the case is. I wouldn't mind if it's a tight fit or what-not. But if they had to put a disclaimer up saying it will absolutely not fit the 3G, it makes me a bit worried because some of their other cases fit both.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Most leather cases I have seen are made for both the v1 and the 3G. It usually says so right on the packaging. The only cases you have to be worried about are the hard form-fitting cases. Last Friday, all the 3G cases ran out and I got a v1 Jam Jacket because it actually fit very nicely (thankfully for a very cheap price). Today, I finally got an Agent 18 clear case.

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Well here's a picture (excuse the messy desk). I don't have my iPhone yet, but the back and the flip-front part of the case are pretty solid but the part that the phone goes in is a little flimsy. I don't know why they changed it all of a sudden to note that it doesn't fit the 3G, but it looks like you could jam it in there.. might look a little goofy. Well the case itself looks a little goofy and cheap anyways, can't wait till I see what this free screen protector looks like -_-

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
So umm... any idea on why they're saying the 3G won't fit in this? I thought there was only 1mm width and 1mm height difference? The case looks pretty flexible... and cheap, too. I think I'll be able to jam it in there.

I'm going to pretend this is my invisible iPhone, because with everyone and their mother trying to get an iPhone for some reason it looks like I won't be able to get one for a few months now.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
So umm... any idea on why they're saying the 3G won't fit in this? I thought there was only 1mm width and 1mm height difference? The case looks pretty flexible... and cheap, too. I think I'll be able to jam it in there.

I'm going to pretend this is my invisible iPhone, because with everyone and their mother trying to get an iPhone for some reason it looks like I won't be able to get one for a few months now.
I think they're just being ultra safe. Frankly, I wouldn't trust a case if I couldn't go to the store and try it on.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
I've bought a few things from eforcity in the past, and even returned a couple. In every instance their customer service was superb. Should you not like the case I would be shocked if they gave you any problems about a refund.

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
It's a little cheap and a pain to get open. But if I do Direct Fulfilment on the iPhone, I probably won't be able to get it within the fourteen days of return time or whatever their policy is.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
Both the cases I have for my iPhone are from the v1...however they are silicon...but they fit better than they fit on the old iPhone.

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
I got the phone today after standing in line at the Apple store in Orlando for four hours. It fit alright in the case and I was using the GPS to get back home.. I received a call but I couldn't end it until I removed the phone from this case because I think it's covering some sort of sensor. Guess I'm just gonna apply the screen protector or go naked or saran wrap the phone or something. Wanted to protect against the rain getting the phone wet through my jeans.

I think the sensors are on the top left portion of the screen, wonder if I can just cut off a corner of this cheapo case and use it like that....?