Problem with Cydia

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Fishermen21, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Fishermen21

Fishermen21 New Member

I had add the wrong repo add to cydia. Now I faces the problem of cydia keep updating and prompt that the error is bad URL. So how do I solve this problem. Try to search for the wrong repo, it cannot be found.

Help please

2. Fishermen21

Fishermen21 New Member

Can anyone help?

3. Fishermen21

Fishermen21 New Member

Help please

4. Jazper321

Jazper321 New Member

Delete Cydia and reinstall

5. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

Go into Cydia and go to Manage > Sources and delete the source from there.

6. Fishermen21

Fishermen21 New Member

I had tried looking for the source but it's not in the source menu. Is there any way to resolve the problem?
    I keyed http:// d.mobilecinema.com I forget to key in the i infront of mobilecinema so cydia keep updating and prompt me of the bad URL and error. What should do?:mad:

7. jerzey111

jerzey111 New Member
    Bronze

i have the same problem. from what i read the only way is to reintall cydia

8. Corny

Corny New Member

I have jailbroken 1 month old iPhone 3GS on PAYG Orange, couple of probs I cant view youtube videos on it and I cant load Cydia as of this morning? Anyone had same probs or can help?
    Thanks in advance
    Corny
    Newcastle upon Tyne

9. Corny

Corny New Member

Thanks for that, anyone any ideas as to why i cant play youtube videos?

10. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

If your YouTube app is in a folderof some type such as categories then remove it and it should then work.

11. Corny

Corny New Member

sorry to sound like a moron! how do i know if "If your YouTube app is in a folderof some type such as categories" and how do I remove it?
    Craig

12. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Craig, never mind, if you can see it on one of your pages then it's not in a folder. I have folders which look like an application's icon but when you tap on a folder it opens to show up to 16 apps. So I can put a lot of apps on one page and I don't have to keep swiping through pages to get to a certain app. I hope this explains it for you.

13. Corny

Corny New Member

Morning all,
    3.1.2 software jailbroken iPhone 3GS cant get Cydia to load categories etc keeps saying error :Database Encountered a section with no Package:header, tried uninstalling it, and rejailbreaking to no avail? help! I don't knw / understand the SSH carry on :)

Thanks in advance
    Craig

14. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

Well, what do you mean by uninstalling Cydia and rejailbreaking. Once Cydia is installed, you cannot uninstall it. You would have to restore to new and start all over again. Before you try that though, give it a few days. This has happened to me before and has corrected itself after two or three days of error messages like the one you are receiving. If it doesn't correct itself in a few days I would recommend a restore and jailbreaking again.

15. Corny

Corny New Member

Gotcha, I used cydelete and I did think it hadnt gone, I then reinstalled it and same thing happening, I will do as you say and wait for few days rather than lose everything and start again! I read somewhere online that it may have been that Icy was conflicting with it? All it mean si suppose is that I am stuck with the themes and ringtones I have, Thanks for speedy reply.
    Craig

16. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

You have Icy? The current blackra1n jailbreak doesn't even offer that up because it's so buggy. I would suggest not using that. Also, when installing Cydia and/or Rock, do them one at a time.

17. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

A lot of people solved this problem by going into /var/lib/apt/lists, and deleting everything except for the partial folder and the file called 'lock'. But since you don't know how to SSH or browse the file system, you could try waiting it out, or try jailbreaking with redsn0w (instead of blackra1n if that's what you used).

18. aaronsiphone

aaronsiphone New Member
    Bronze

im having some issues with cydia, I added a couple of rogue repos yesterday and ever since all cydia does is load packages and no thin happens. I cant seem to delete this repos as they've gone under phone repos, not user added meaning I cant delete, what should I do. im not keen on a restore!

19. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

You can manually navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and edit out the sources in cydia.list, or delete the appropriate .list file.

Then go to /var/lib/apt/lists/ and delete everything but the partial folder, and the lock file.

20. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I was finally able to see things in iFile in /var/lib/apt/lists to delete everything but the partial folder, but I still have been getting the 'Encountered a section with no Package: header. Any suggestions? If you want me to start a new thread, I will. @Europa @Napoleon PhoneApart

I may have just found out which repo it is. HMM...I thought I did but now the error still shows when refreshing Cydia.

#20 MoneyMaker79, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016