Problem with Dialer Pads

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPat

Sep 14, 2007
This one has me baffled... I have done dialer pad mods with previous versions(1.0.2) and had success. I did the long method to jailbreak the 1.1.1 and did the retro dialer. Decided I liked the simplicity of the one-touch method,and wanted a fresh pallet so I restored my phone and did the one-touch. No problems really, minor hiccups that I have been able to figure out with the help of MMi and this great forum. Now I can't get dialer pads to work for me. Using customize no longer works. Downloading the retro dialer from installer doesn't work... I haven't tried just using WinSCP yet to replace the files. Why would installer or customize no longer change the dialer pad when they had previously?

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
This one has me baffled... I have done dialer pad mods with previous versions(1.0.2) and had success. I did the long method to jailbreak the 1.1.1 and did the retro dialer. Decided I liked the simplicity of the one-touch method,and wanted a fresh pallet so I restored my phone and did the one-touch. No problems really, minor hiccups that I have been able to figure out with the help of MMi and this great forum. Now I can't get dialer pads to work for me. Using customize no longer works. Downloading the retro dialer from installer doesn't work... I haven't tried just using WinSCP yet to replace the files. Why would installer or customize no longer change the dialer pad when they had previously?
I posted the following in a different thread same topic:

Customize swaps out a BarDialer_Sel.png file which is no longer used in 1.1.1.
In 1.1.1 the dialer is now MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork which you first have to unpack using java. This artwork file contains 31 png files for the bardialer that you could modify. The main one being #30. This is the only one I have change to give me a wallpaper behind the numbers. Check out this thread that explains how to modify an artwork file. http://modmyiPhone.com/wiki/index.ph..._artwork_files

ps
This artwork file is in the MobilePhone.app folder on your phone

iPat

Sep 14, 2007
I posted the following in a different thread same topic:

Customize swaps out a BarDialer_Sel.png file which is no longer used in 1.1.1.
In 1.1.1 the dialer is now MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork which you first have to unpack using java. This artwork file contains 31 png files for the bardialer that you could modify. The main one being #30. This is the only one I have change to give me a wallpaper behind the numbers. Check out this thread that explains how to modify an artwork file. http://modmyiPhone.com/wiki/index.ph..._artwork_files

ps
This artwork file is in the MobilePhone.app folder on your phone
Thanks, I found this thread within 15 minutes of posting. Great write up on the Artwork files too.