Problem with email (refurb iPhone)

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Hey all, my iPhone recently crapped out on me. Long story short I plugged it into an alarm clock made for an iPod and poof, it killed my iPhone. Needless to say, don't try accessories with your iPhone that arent made to work with the iPhone.
Anyway, I got a replacement phone and I thought everything was great with it until I realized I wasn't getting any emails.
I try to launch the email app and it opens then closes right away. I tried a restore, reboot, restart... nothing. I also tried deleting my account on the iPhone and it wont let me. Everytime I delete it, I go to the home screen, go back into settings and its still there.
Any ideas? Ill probably just end up exchanging it for another but if I can fix it I would prefer to.

Thanks

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
If your phone is jailbroken this is a simple fix. Just SSH into your phone and go to var/moblie/library/mail and set permissions to 0777 (also set group, owner and permissions recursively).

If your phone isn't jailbroken.... I don't know what to do. Sorry.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Thanks for the reply GADeputy. I figured it was a permission thing.
My previous iPhone on fw 1.1.3 was jailbroken, but when it fried and they gave me the new one I decided to not jailbreak it. I just went to the Apple store and they gave me another replacement.
I don't think Im going to jailbreak again, unless the app store doesn't have everything I want, which I doubt it will. I don't forsee the app store allowing things like a NES emulator, or GPS apps...I guess I will have to jailbreak afterall! DOH!

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Thanks for the reply GADeputy. I figured it was a permission thing.
My previous iPhone on fw 1.1.3 was jailbroken, but when it fried and they gave me the new one I decided to not jailbreak it. I just went to the Apple store and they gave me another replacement.
I don't think Im going to jailbreak again, unless the app store doesn't have everything I want, which I doubt it will. I don't forsee the app store allowing things like a NES emulator, or GPS apps...I guess I will have to jailbreak afterall! DOH!
yes, i think il still want NES, summerboard, and customize.