Problem with iFile

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by PinkBanana, Mar 12, 2012.

1. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Hey guys,

I was having a look around in iFile the other day /system/library/coreservices and i noticed that the systemversion.plist said 0bytes and would not open to check it. I managed to get in it to look and it said I'm running 5.1 (I should be running 5.0.1!) Also everything takes ages to open. Stock apps seem to work and non of my downloaded apps from the app store work. Then last night before I came home from my fiance's the phone shut itself off and wouldn't come back on. Anyway I managed to get it into dfu mode when I got home and tired to restore it with a custom 5.0.1 I had saved on my PC, using redsnow( I can't be running tethered JB either as I'm away from my pc at home due to work.) and it appeared to work, but now it is tethered as the little pineApple appeared. Then after almost what seemed like an eternity it finally came back on and I'm back to square one with d/l apps not working. Also noticed that in Setting>General>About there is no iOS version displayed. Only carrier details and my F/W. I have not upgraded to 5.1 through iTunes as I cannot update unless i have custom firmware due to having the ipad BB.
    I need your help quys.

2. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Ok guys after this happened, there is nothing in settings>general>about>software version. It's just blank. I'm still on iPad baseband so naturally need to restore with custom firmware. As I am able to restore using custom software i have tried to restore to custom 5.0.1 (not 5.1) and keep getting error 3194. Why is this? Also can't connect via wifi to app store and non of my apps from the app store will restore or open, neither will they be allowed to download. Can ANYONE help?

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've used non-custom (outdated) firmware with 3GS' that had the iPad baseband and it worked fine. I just had to restore two times in a row and then kick it out of recovery mode.

Anyway, to answer your question, that error is because you're trying to restore to an old firmware (the signing window for 5.0.1 closed shortly after 5.1 was released) and your hosts file is pointing at Apple. You need to modify it so it directs to Cydia. It will only work if you have a 5.0.1 SHSH. Let me know if you need directions for changing it. The easiest way is with TinyUmbrella.

4. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Hey Mindi. Thanks for the reply. I have checked tu and it says that my hosts are pointing at Cydia. Also have 5.0.1 blobs saved on there, so can't understand why it's not working.

5. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Mindi, have sent you pm so that you can check my hosts file. because it's not worked.

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

It's important to close out of tinyumbrella once you have set it to point to Cydia so that your changes take effect. Start tinyumbrella again, start TSS..... Open iTunes and begin your "downgrade"

7. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

When you say start TU again, start TSS....Open iTunes and begin, I assume you mean keep tu running whilst iTunes is open?

8. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Yes....if all goes well you should end up on your desired firmware. If you get error 1 message at the end just use redsn0w's Recovery Fix

9. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

got error 11 message?

10. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Ok phone is back up and running now. Finally. Had to JB using sn0wbreeze and custom fw. Restore it with custom and them boot with redsnow as its tethered. so now to try and untether it once it's restored.