Problem with invisibleSHIELD on my phone, please help?

Chuck8002

Jul 29, 2008
I got my invisible shield in a few days ago. I read a lot on applying it and watched the EIC video/zagg video. I used a lot of IS spray putting the front on (and that looks flawless). The front is great. But as I was peeling the back off of the card, I was spraying it while doing so. Then, I realized my IS spray is all gone. So I remember people talked about using a bowl of windex and submerging the IS in it, and this also gives it easy placement. I frantically look for windex in my house and end up with some clorox green works spray stuff which i think is a more green version of windex. I put some in a bowl and put the skin in it for a second. I positioned it on there perfectly and got some of the water out. I read about all the problems with corners/sides and expected it. I ended up working on the back for about an hour and a half (allowed 5-10 mins for sides/corners to dry a bit). I did all the advised techniques and had it all looking perfect except a small little part of the corner that was sticking up. I let it cure for 12 hours...

Next thing I know, both the corners on the top have kind of came undone and it looks terrible. They're collecting lint and stick out like a sore thumb.

What i'm trying to get at is, can I take the back off, and put it in some REAL WINDEX and will it still look alright if I reapply it (will the lint come off the shield and will it apply like it should normally?)...or should I order another back..which takes forever to ship?

Can I peel it off and apply it again and make it look near perfect?

thanks for input!:cool:

also would like to add...I did not at all go apeshit with the spray, i used a good amount putting front on, but didn't think it would run out.

akilgore23

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Albuquerque NM
Im not sure but I think if you try to take it off after it cures it will strech. I didn't like the front of my BSE so I took it off and I streched the crap out of it. Hope this helps

Aug 22, 2008
IS shield

You can take the back off, just make sure you are really careful not to stretch it or it wont fit. You can just wash the film and re-apply. The solution is just a drop of soap in water. I think it is going to be hard to make it look like new but you can try. And if that doesn't work out you can always count on IS's lifetime warranty and they will send you a new one!:laugh2::laugh2:! for free:p

Chuck8002

Jul 29, 2008
yeah sure does... Anybody else have experience with this happening ?

Jul 18, 2008
Memphis
You can take the back off, just make sure you are really careful not to stretch it or it wont fit. You can just wash the film and re-apply. The solution is just a drop of soap in water. I think it is going to be hard to make it look like new but you can try. And if that doesn't work out you can always count on IS's lifetime warranty and they will send you a new one!:laugh2::laugh2:! for free:p
yeah that :laugh2:

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Just tell Zagg to send you a new one. Than you can mail back the used one. Thats the whole point of their lifetime guarantee. Just don't tell them it was operator error because that will void your warranty. As far as reapplying I doubt it will work but you could try. I always just send for a new one.

Chuck8002

Jul 29, 2008
alright thanks a lot guys. Think I'm going to try to clean and reapply and see how it looks. Also do I have to send the front part of the shield also if I want a new back from warranty?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
alright thanks a lot guys. Think I'm going to try to clean and reapply and see how it looks. Also do I have to send the front part of the shield also if I want a new back from warranty?
I wonder if u can use baby shampoo and water like BSE

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I wonder if u can use baby shampoo and water like BSE
Yep, never used baby soap but dish soap works fine. Usually I prefer IS but with the iPhone 3G I have to say I like the BSE better.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
www.invisibleshield.com/application

go here for a detailed insructional.

also, you can just fill up the little spray bottle with water a couple of times and it will use the residue of the solution that is left over, and it works well enough to apply, per instructions.

i got mine on with minimal trouble. just line up the camera hole and volume lever first, then work from there.