problem with iOS 4.0 on iPhone 4

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
I have a iPhone4 and everytime I restore my phone from a back up, it won't put my apps back into their selected/labeled folders. Happened with my first iPhone 4 and now it happened with my brand new iPhone4 i got today. this sucks having to put them back in folders. again x4 now.
anyone else having this problem. I'd hate to think my back up is corrupt because my 3G and 3GS back up are fine and the iPhone4 back up stems from them

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
This happened to me to but only when I arranged the folders on the iTunes screen. When I arranged them on the iPhone 4 itself, it was fine after it synced. They probably have to fix this with an iTunes update.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I arranged my apps in folders in iTunes and when I updated today to 4.0.1 the folders stayed intact.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Guess I'm just fortunate so far to not have any of the issues that have been reported.

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
I arranged my apps in folders in iTunes and when I updated today to 4.0.1 the folders stayed intact.
You were able to create folders/drag apps in and out of folders using iTunes? Hmm. I must be misunderstanding something.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
You were able to create folders/drag apps in and out of folders using iTunes? Hmm. I must be misunderstanding something.
Yeah. You do it the same way as you do it on the phone. Under the apps tab in iTunes. It shows you all your screens....make folders the same way there.