Problem with iPhone Bluetooth

amoroso511

Nov 30, 2007
Hi guys
This is the first time I post on this forum and I might say I enjoy reading your posts immensley.

I have an iPhone on UK O2 and everything is fine except the bluetooth which under no circumstances detects other bluetooth devices or other devices can detect my iPhone. O2 staff's knowledge on this subject is as good as mine. Any one of you learned guys knows why is that or other people also have the same problem?
Regards to all.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
if your talking about other phones the iPhone is not capable of doing that. you cant connect to other phones with the iPhone. you can only connect to bluetooth headsets and i think cars that have bluetooth.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
You can't connect to other phones. It's just for headsets, I think. Of all the complicated phones, iPhone is the easiest to use, but missing a lot of stuff that all other smart phones have (camcorder, MMS, stereo bluetooth, live TV).

amoroso511

Nov 30, 2007
You can't connect to other phones. It's just for headsets, I think. Of all the complicated phones, iPhone is the easiest to use, but missing a lot of stuff that all other smart phones have (camcorder, MMS, stereo bluetooth, live TV).
Well it does not even detect my Motorola 9S which I love. The problem is that, I hear that also the new 3G which is coming out next week is not capabable of A2DH connection, or is it?
I cannot wait to see Blackberry Thunder in Septemeber.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well it does not even detect my Motorola 9S which I love. The problem is that, I hear that also the new 3G which is coming out next week is not capabable of A2DH connection, or is it?
I cannot wait to see Blackberry Thunder in Septemeber.
There is no A2DP bluetooth profile on the iPhone or the iPhone 3G. And to the OP, there is no Object Exchange bluetooth support either. No need for other phones to "find" your phone because your iPhone can't do anything with it anyway. Sorry. Blame the Apple techies for that one.