Problem with iTunes music store on iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dawrenn

Sep 18, 2007
When I try to buy songs from the iTunes store on the iPhone it says "No account information found. Please connect to iTunes to configure your account" How do you configure it? I went through everything on iTunes and couldnt figure it out.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Do you have the same problem when you attempt to make a purchase through iTunes on your computer, or, is this just limited to the Wifi feature on your phone?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Ok, I assume that you have a CC on file with iTunes, or enough credit from a gift card available in your account?

I don't mean to treat you like you're stupid, just trying to eliminate the easiest possibilities first :)

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I also read that you should make sure that your account is authorized on your computer and synch your phone. After the sync, you should be able to access your account through the Wifi store. Worth a try! :)

Dawrenn

Sep 18, 2007
I also read that you should make sure that your account is authorized on your computer and synch your phone. After the sync, you should be able to access your account through the Wifi store. Worth a try! :)
the comp is authorized and I have synced it and I still can't get it to work.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Maybe try and review all of your account details in iTunes. Perhaps you're missing the credit card information? When is the last time that you made a purchase?

Dawrenn

Sep 18, 2007
Maybe try and review all of your account details in iTunes. Perhaps you're missing the credit card information? When is the last time that you made a purchase?
I viewed the account and the credit card info is on there. I have no idea what's wrong.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Ugh, ok, mine works so I've not had to try any of these but here are a couple of other suggestions I read on another forum. Maybe one of these will help. They seemed to have resolved the issues that others were having. Good luck!

1) In iTunes, sign out of your account by clicking on your account email address in the upper right hand corner, then clicking Sign Out.

Close iTunes, open it again, and then sign back into your ITMS account. Then sync your iPhone again.

Apple's documentation says that the iPhone will be activated to the last ITMS account that you logged into on the computer, so hopefully reminding your computer of your account information will fix this.

2) While you're logged on to the iTunes store with your phone connected, sync at least one song to your phone. Your account info should also transfer.

3) When you sync your iPhone, make sure you are logged in the iTunes store before you sync. Then your profile should go to your iPhone and you are able to purchase songs from the Wi-Fi music store.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
When I try to buy songs from the iTunes store on the iPhone it says "No account information found. Please connect to iTunes to configure your account" How do you configure it? I went through everything on iTunes and couldnt figure it out.
I rec'd this same message when I connected my Ipod. I figured since it was talking about account information, it meant that there was no $$$ connected to my account.

So I ran around the corner and brought a $15 iTunes gift card, came home and redeemed it to me account. That fixed that.

Dawrenn

Sep 18, 2007
Ugh, ok, mine works so I've not had to try any of these but here are a couple of other suggestions I read on another forum. Maybe one of these will help. They seemed to have resolved the issues that others were having. Good luck!

1) In iTunes, sign out of your account by clicking on your account email address in the upper right hand corner, then clicking Sign Out.

Close iTunes, open it again, and then sign back into your ITMS account. Then sync your iPhone again.

Apple's documentation says that the iPhone will be activated to the last ITMS account that you logged into on the computer, so hopefully reminding your computer of your account information will fix this.

2) While you're logged on to the iTunes store with your phone connected, sync at least one song to your phone. Your account info should also transfer.

3) When you sync your iPhone, make sure you are logged in the iTunes store before you sync. Then your profile should go to your iPhone and you are able to purchase songs from the Wi-Fi music store.
I finally got it to work.