Problem with new iPhone 3GS

jfw

Jul 19, 2009
Firstly, I have a couple of problems with my new 3GS iPhone and I was hoping this site would be appropriate to get some advice. My phone was working well for the first two weeks, then one day I noticed all my contact entries copied. A couple of days later the screen became magnified and it won't go back to normal size. It is almost impossible to use. I am not sure if these are independent or related problems.
Yours sincerely
jfw

ct2k7

Bronze
Jul 7, 2009
Firstly, I have a couple of problems with my new 3GS iPhone and I was hoping this site would be appropriate to get some advice. My phone was working well for the first two weeks, then one day I noticed all my contact entries copied. A couple of days later the screen became magnified and it won't go back to normal size. It is almost impossible to use. I am not sure if these are independent or related problems.
Yours sincerely
jfw
A few pointers for you..:

• You have chosen an inappropriate place to post yout question... in a blog sticky? It might have been a mistake, but anyway...
  • I assume you are using an iPhone 3G S?
    • If so, can you access the settings->general->accessibility and turn magnification off.
      • The above should clear the magnification problem
    • Can you elaborate when you mean all of your contact entries were copied?
reported post, suggesting new thread

Last edited by a moderator:

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I had the contacts copy on my phone after a restore. When I called Apple Care they said it was because of a screw up with mobile me and my contacts list. I had to re- sync my contacts on the phone with my address book and then do a re- sync to the phone, fixed the problem. If you have mobile me that may be a cause.
Good Luck

kultschar

Bronze
Jul 15, 2009
Wow i didn't even know magnification was a new feature (is that 3GS only?)