Problem with Notes & Pictures.

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Fantomas318 ツ, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

Peace iCafe'ers!
    I've had my iPhone 5S a bit over two years. It's been working fine, but now I've seen some strange things.

For example when you copy a next in notes, the text you highlight sometimes just disappears before I click copy...
    It is also a bit laggy when you scroll up/down.

It is the same with photos, when you zoom in it doesn't go as smooth as it used to go...

I noticed before when I was gonna post a text in Facebook.
    I press the text I've written to move marker to start of text. (←)
    Then it just "lagged" so I lost marker and have to press again...
    It took around ten minutes till I got marker in start of text...

Also sometimes when I double click "home button" to close apps and drag the up to close them. It can sometimes just go up and lag down again.

Anyone know what this can be and how to fix it?

I would really be able to use/copy text in notes.

//God Bless, Richard.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It sounds like you have normal degradation of performance due to the age of the device. Do you ever restart your iPhone? As with any computer, if you keep your phone on for weeks or months without restarting, performance can get laggy.

3. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

Thenks, I did this before, it seems a bit better. :)

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Also, don‘t close out your apps. There's no reason to do so. Apps need to be able to run in the background if need be. It helps them do what you want them to do. If an app is misbehaving, then swipe it out and see if it helps. Otherwise, leave them be.

5. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

But doesn't not to close out your apps to drain your battery?

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

No. Apple would not do that with our phones if it just drained the battery. Apps need to be in multitasking so they can run in the background and do what we want them to do. Most don't run in the background long. A few do. If you swipe them out, it takes more resources to start them back up.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The assumption that apps must be completely closed out after usage is one of the biggest misconceptions people have with iPhones.

In reality, you could actually argue that continually closing them actually has a negative effect on battery life since the apps have to be loaded up from scratch each time you use them.

The launcher/multitasking tray was actually designed to be used as a quick way to switch apps. Apple designed it to run without the need to constantly force-close them. If there was a need to repeatedly close everything to maximize performance and battery life, Apple would have included a "Close All Apps" button.

Most of the apps that have recently been used are simply "frozen" and are not truly running in the background. If the phone is maxed out on resources and needs more memory, it will automatically close them as needed. The will remain in the app switcher regardless of their state so you can quickly get back to them.

9. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

If anyone have same problem, shut the iPhone off for about one hour and get a new battery charger.