Problem with Outlook web access after 1.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 30, 2007
I've NEVER had a problem logging into outlook web access until I recently updated. Now, when I'm prompted to enter my username and password in Outlook, it won't let me log in.

Any help?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I use OWA and have not had a problem logging in since the update so I can't be sure that this will help but.......I have read in other posts that some people are having a problem with the cap lock key ONLY when they enter passwords. Evidently it stays on cap even when it doesn't appear to be.

Once again, I'm not experiencing this issue but it might be worth checking to see if that's the problem?

Good luck!

Aug 30, 2007
Okay, I figurged it out. With the 1.1.1 update, the password field for secure website "auto-capitalizes" when you push the shift button. For example, if your password is iPhoNe, the PHONE will be in all caps after you hit the shift key for "P". So, just make sure you watch it and take shift off if you need a lowercase number. Apple support is looking into this - it happens on both Wifi and EDGE. They aren't sure if it's a bug or it is supposed to work this way. (Seems like a bug to me).

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Okay, I figurged it out. With the 1.1.1 update, the password field for secure website "auto-capitalizes" when you push the shift button. For example, if your password is iPhoNe, the PHONE will be in all caps after you hit the shift key for "P". So, just make sure you watch it and take shift off if you need a lowercase number. Apple support is looking into this - it happens on both Wifi and EDGE. They aren't sure if it's a bug or it is supposed to work this way. (Seems like a bug to me).
"They aren't sure" it's a bug? We are doomed...

--
Mike