Problem with sites that open up new windows?

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Why is it that when I am using my iPhone and surfing the net and say I click on a site and it links to another site it opens up that site in a new window, problem: when I close the new site and it should go back to the original site it doesn't and it opens up the 2nd site again? I know that sounds confusing but it is the best way I can describe it. Like if I had Drudgereport.com open and there was a story I wanted to read and I cliked the link it will keep drudge.com open and it opens a new window for the new link so now I have two windows open. So I finish with the 2nd site. I click the red x at the top of the page to close it and many times (maybe 30 to 40%) it after it closes that site it will not go back to Drudgereport.com, it will turn drudge into what the 2nd site was..........Freakin' confusing so I am sorry, but it is definitely a glitch. Is there a cure?

Thanks

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Why is it that when I am using my iPhone and surfing the net and say I click on a site and it links to another site it opens up that site in a new window, problem: when I close the new site and it should go back to the original site it doesn't and it opens up the 2nd site again? I know that sounds confusing but it is the best way I can describe it. Like if I had Drudgereport.com open and there was a story I wanted to read and I cliked the link it will keep drudge.com open and it opens a new window for the new link so now I have two windows open. So I finish with the 2nd site. I click the red x at the top of the page to close it and many times (maybe 30 to 40%) it after it closes that site it will not go back to Drudgereport.com, it will turn drudge into what the 2nd site was..........Freakin' confusing so I am sorry, but it is definitely a glitch. Is there a cure?

Thanks
I've had the same problem myself. No rhyme or reason to it either. It might do it a lot one time I'm surfing and none the next.