Problem with sites that open up new windows?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Why is it that when I am using my iPhone and surfing the net and say I click on a site and it links to another site it opens up that site in a new window, problem: when I close the new site and it should go back to the original site it doesn't and it opens up the 2nd site again? I know that sounds confusing but it is the best way I can describe it. Like if I had Drudgereport.com open and there was a story I wanted to read and I cliked the link it will keep drudge.com open and it opens a new window for the new link so now I have two windows open. So I finish with the 2nd site. I click the red x at the top of the page to close it and many times (maybe 30 to 40%) it after it closes that site it will not go back to Drudgereport.com, it will turn drudge into what the 2nd site was..........Freakin' confusing so I am sorry, but it is definitely a glitch. Is there a cure?

Thanks

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Why is it that when I am using my iPhone and surfing the net and say I click on a site and it links to another site it opens up that site in a new window, problem: when I close the new site and it should go back to the original site it doesn't and it opens up the 2nd site again? I know that sounds confusing but it is the best way I can describe it. Like if I had Drudgereport.com open and there was a story I wanted to read and I cliked the link it will keep drudge.com open and it opens a new window for the new link so now I have two windows open. So I finish with the 2nd site. I click the red x at the top of the page to close it and many times (maybe 30 to 40%) it after it closes that site it will not go back to Drudgereport.com, it will turn drudge into what the 2nd site was..........Freakin' confusing so I am sorry, but it is definitely a glitch. Is there a cure?

Thanks
I've had the same problem myself. No rhyme or reason to it either. It might do it a lot one time I'm surfing and none the next.