Problem with text

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reginaalear, Jan 6, 2012.

1. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

My husband is having trouble with his text messages. When I send him a text at first it showed it was being sent from his own phone number. Now it's showing I'm sending them from his email address. I'm confused as to why it might be doing this and was hoping some of you all could help me out. I tried rebooting my phone thinking it might fix it and also turned off iCloud because I thought it might be because of that. Any suggestions would be great. He has the 4s. Thanks! Oh and I have noticed when I send him a message it's saying iMessage where I type it in and for others it doesn't. I'm not sure why.

2. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

It could be imessage if you have it set up with incorrect addresses. Are the texts coming over as Blue or Green?

3. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

It's showing blue and also it is showing iMessage. Could you please tell me how to fix it or turn it off? Thanks so much!

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

There is actually a iMessage option under Settings. You 2 need to compare what you have. Make sure you don't have them same numbers or email addresses. That could be the issue. So check it out.

Just go into Settings on the phone to Messages and then scroll down to Receive at.