Problem with the display timeout

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
Right, I have a pass code on my iPhone 5, now I don't want the phone to auto lock every minute or every 5 mins as it would be annoying for me to keep unlocking my phone using a passcode all the time

What I would like to do is to have the screen timeout to 1 minute but the auto lock to 5 mins or more but I find that is not very much cuztomizable as with other devices and it really surprises me since iPhone is lightyears better than other phones I've used and iOS is a true innovation, yet they cannot get simple settings such as this right.....unless I am missing something here

Someone please enlighten m3|-|

NIRE

Dec 30, 2012
If you do not like your iPhone locking every minute or so you can just turn off your auto lock completely so you can decide when you want it on or off.

Settings -> General -> Auto Lock -> Never

But to answer Apple either says you want protection/privacy or not.

Sent using iCafe app

Aug 31, 2010
I agree with the OP. I have no pass code for this very reason. I hate having to enter it every time, so I've chosen to risk it with less protection to avoid inconvenience. I may come to regret that decision one day...but an option like the one suggested here would be nice!

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
I guess I'll have to do with the Canadian Nemo did and disable my passcode it this is too anooying to unlock my phone with a passcode every minute

Wish there was a separate setting to turn off the screen at let's say, 1 min. and to trun on the passcode lock within like 10 mins of inactivity :(

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I don't know what you all are talking about. I set my screen to sleep at 1 minute and require pass code after 15 minutes to unlock.

set screen time out duration - settings > general > auto-lock > set duration.

Require code duration - settings > general > passcode lock (enter lock code if necessary) > require passcode > set duration.

Voila! ;)

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
I don't know what you all are talking about. I set my screen to sleep at 1 minute and require pass code after 15 minutes to unlock.

set screen time out duration - settings > general > auto-lock > set duration.

Require code duration - settings > general > passcode lock (enter lock code if necessary) > require passcode > set duration.

Voila! ;)
WOW! now I feel really clumsy! lol! I KNEW Apple with all their greatness with their iOS couldn't have missed this! cheers man! This will surely help others who may have overlooked that setting