Problem with the display timeout

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Ibrahim Allaf, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

Right, I have a pass code on my iPhone 5, now I don't want the phone to auto lock every minute or every 5 mins as it would be annoying for me to keep unlocking my phone using a passcode all the time

What I would like to do is to have the screen timeout to 1 minute but the auto lock to 5 mins or more but I find that is not very much cuztomizable as with other devices and it really surprises me since iPhone is lightyears better than other phones I've used and iOS is a true innovation, yet they cannot get simple settings such as this right.....unless I am missing something here

Someone please enlighten m3|-|

2. NIRE

NIRE New Member

If you do not like your iPhone locking every minute or so you can just turn off your auto lock completely so you can decide when you want it on or off.

Settings -> General -> Auto Lock -> Never

But to answer Apple either says you want protection/privacy or not.

Sent using iCafe app

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The iPhone is a wonderful device that can be infuriating for its omissions. :)

4. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

I agree with the OP. I have no pass code for this very reason. I hate having to enter it every time, so I've chosen to risk it with less protection to avoid inconvenience. I may come to regret that decision one day...but an option like the one suggested here would be nice!

5. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

I guess I'll have to do with the Canadian Nemo did and disable my passcode it this is too anooying to unlock my phone with a passcode every minute

Wish there was a separate setting to turn off the screen at let's say, 1 min. and to trun on the passcode lock within like 10 mins of inactivity :(

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I don't know what you all are talking about. I set my screen to sleep at 1 minute and require pass code after 15 minutes to unlock.

set screen time out duration - settings > general > auto-lock > set duration.

Require code duration - settings > general > passcode lock (enter lock code if necessary) > require passcode > set duration.

Voila! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

WOW! now I feel really clumsy! lol! I KNEW Apple with all their greatness with their iOS couldn't have missed this! cheers man! This will surely help others who may have overlooked that setting

8. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

ZR_Yancy is spot on, exactly how I have mine set.

Sent using iCafe app

9. mistah_mumford

mistah_mumford New Member

Timeout at 1 minute and pass code lock at 15 minutes IS a good setup

10. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Well what the heck?! Why didn't you tell me sooner? ;) Thank you!

11. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

That's why this forum is here. We all have a chance to learn something.