Problem with this app!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Hey everyone. If somebody can let me know what I'm doing wrong. When I got my iPhone 7 plus, I restarted from new. No backups, just a fresh start. I'm downloading all the apps I used to have. This app is the only app that doesn't show up in the App Store. Does anyone know what is going on? My phone is also getting really hot. I have the iPhone 7 plus at 128gb matte black. I need somebody, HELP!!

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
If you're referring to the iCafe app, it is no longer available in the App Store. Restoring your phone from a backup is the only way to get it back. I'll be in the same boat when I get my new 7 in a couple month as I also plan on starting from scratch. You could navigate to the webpage in Safari and save it to your home screen.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hey everyone. If somebody can let me know what I'm doing wrong. When I got my iPhone 7 plus, I restarted from new. No backups, just a fresh start. I'm downloading all the apps I used to have. This app is the only app that doesn't show up in the App Store. Does anyone know what is going on? My phone is also getting really hot. I have the iPhone 7 plus at 128gb matte black. I need somebody, HELP!!
Have you ever synced with iTunes on your computer? If so, it will always be available to be synced onto new iPhones or ones that have been restored. Just check the box next to the iCafe app in the apps tab after connecting your phone to iTunes.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If you're referring to the iCafe app, it is no longer available in the App Store. Restoring your phone from a backup is the only way to get it back. I'll be in the same boat when I get my new 7 in a couple month as I also plan on starting from scratch. You could navigate to the webpage in Safari and save it to your home screen.
Sync with iTunes before restoring and you'll never lose it and you won't have to rely on backups for it.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Why do people miss that iCafé app so much? The mobile Safari experience is excellent. I guess the only thing you can’t get is Notifications for followed threads.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Many of us just don't like change that much. The app allows me to do what I want and I just haven't learned how to do it in Safari yet.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Safari is decent. But the App allowed for notifications and I miss it. I hate I won't get it back. I will live, but it was convenient.
But you don't have to live without it if you own a computer with iTunes. Let me know if you need help getting this app back on your phone.

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
No, I resorted from my back up and it isn't there anymore.