Problem with WiFi connection.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Hey I've been using my iPhone for about a week now and at first everything worked great. Now I can never get the Wifi to work and am always on Edge. If I go to settings I can see my connection and select it. It's called "Linksys" so I choose it and it puts a check mark next to it. It says I have 3/3 bars and acts like everything is good. Then when I back out of the wifi setup it still has the little "E" at the top of the screen. It says I'm connected to wifi but then I back out and its still on edge. If I go back into the settings now it says "Not connected." Any ideas?

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Did you change anything on your router? Password? Encryption? Try going in and hitting the Forget this Network button, rebooting the phone and connecting again.

Joe

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
Hey I've been using my iPhone for about a week now and at first everything worked great. Now I can never get the Wifi to work and am always on Edge. If I go to settings I can see my connection and select it. It's called "Linksys" so I choose it and it puts a check mark next to it. It says I have 3/3 bars and acts like everything is good. Then when I back out of the wifi setup it still has the little "E" at the top of the screen. It says I'm connected to wifi but then I back out and its still on edge. If I go back into the settings now it says "Not connected." Any ideas?

Here is a quick check list you can take a look at and try. As well as a couple questions. It sounds like possible interference of some kind.
1. Has Firmware on the router been updated?

2. Have you updated iPhone Software to 1.0.1?

3. Have you done a restore on the iPhone and tested the network again?

4. You may wish to inquire to your router provider about changing the channel on your router, To see if it is stopping the iPhone from grabbing a stable connection.

Test your iPhone on another Wireless Network, If other Wireless Networks work, Then it could just be a compatibility issue with your router, But please inquire to your Router Provider about how your wireless device will not hold the information of the Router IP and other information, They may be able to change a setting in the router to help stabilize the connection.

Apple has also released a new router, The Airport Extreme 802.11n

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=E8408794&nplm=MB053LL/A
:laugh2: