Problems after attempted unlock!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 25, 2007
I tried to unlock my iPhone and whent through all the procedure. Since i attempted this my iPhone takes ages to turn on and runs really slow. To make things worse I am unable to connect my phone via USB as my iPhone does not recognize the cable. I tried all kinds of resets but it does not solve the problem. PLEASE HELP!:oops:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Wish I could help but..

It was your decision to unlock your phone. I know nothing about unlocking.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I tried to unlock my iPhone and whent through all the procedure. Since i attempted this my iPhone takes ages to turn on and runs really slow. To make things worse I am unable to connect my phone via USB as my iPhone does not recognize the cable. I tried all kinds of resets but it does not solve the problem. PLEASE HELP!:oops:
Play dumb and call Apple support. Don't tell them you tried to unlock your phone.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Wish I could help but..

It was your decision to unlock your phone. I know nothing about unlocking.
why must ppl post like this? i guess you just felt compelled to respond negatively to the above post just as i did to your post. feel better now that you contributed absolutely nothing? i know i do.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
No kidding MacMan. Why would you post such a worthless post? Don't say anything unless you actually have something to add to the conversation that's worth reading.

Sep 22, 2007
hey i posted earlier and i just wanted to know if it was able to help at all, if it didn't please tell me whats still wrong, i had this problem too and i can for sure help you out.

let me know

Hakeem5

Sep 26, 2007
punks

Yeah its fags like that who call Apple and try to report whats going on, we know we have unlocked the device and there is a risk. If you did not choose to mod your phone then....good job fido. For others we like taking advantage of 3rd party apps form people who are trying to contribute to a better device overall and/or BETTER T-MOBILE rate plans with my fav 5 and cheaper internet costs.

So if you see the post is about a modded iPhone, don't even read it if you didn't want to mod or don't like the idea of modding the iPhone. Go join www.scary-iphoneusers.com

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Yeah its fags like that who call Apple and try to report whats going on, we know we have unlocked the device and there is a risk. If you did not choose to mod your phone then....good job fido. For others we like taking advantage of 3rd party apps form people who are trying to contribute to a better device overall and/or BETTER T-MOBILE rate plans with my fav 5 and cheaper internet costs.

So if you see the post is about a modded iPhone, don't even read it if you didn't want to mod or don't like the idea of modding the iPhone. Go join www.scary-iphoneusers.com
is there such a site? just tried the url and got nothing. thought the idea was funny, though.

btw hakeem5, i support what you said but NOT the way you said it.
using the word "fag" was uncalled for and completely unecessary. not a great way to garner support here, if you actually want to be heard, epecially for a first post. might want to temper the vocabulary if you care to be a productive member of this forum as your post indicated.

Hakeem5

Sep 26, 2007
ok your right, i should'nt have used the word fag, we even discussed the negative effects of using that word in class earlier, maybe thats why i had it in my head. But all in all, UNLOCKED iPhoneS ROCK! Apple makes claims about unstable software but i know people who have not modded their iPhones at all and have had like 2 or 3 replacements already, i guess they need some excuse to cover up their unstable devices that they claim "we would not have released it if we were not ready".......YEAH RIGHT! the frequency of peoples defects that i see in TWO classes(about 50 iPhone users and about 35 of them have said they had major probs or received one or more replacement devices) are enough to tell me that they should have waited to release the device. I have returned unlocked and modded phones from Nokia and a tmobile sidekick 3 i modded and received a new device in the mail so what makes Apple so special that they are to good to replace our devices like other well established cell phone companies?

I worked at a Nokia store in Chicago and if a phone is BRICKED, modded, or messed up from the software do you know how simple it is to fix the phone? We received damaged phones, took them in the back where we had a master restore software on the computer, you plug the phone up and it flushes the whole device to brand new and thereforee they sell as "REFURBISHED" even if it was previously unlocked or not....its TRULY that simple..... I guess Apple is new to the game so they haven't considered that option yet when it comes to dealing with unlocked devices which im sure EVERY established gsm provider knows will occur.