Problems backing up to iCloud

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Trance56k, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Trance56k

Trance56k Member

Is anyone having problems backing up to icloud? I keep getting an error message on my ipad and iPhone that says "last backup unknown". When I go into settings it says o bytes used. has anyone had this issue and figured out a fix? I have tried just about everything.

2. Trance56k

Trance56k Member

Fixed it! I used another account to back up my iPhone and then went back to my old account and everything works now.

3. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

:) cool so what you using for back up ? still i cloud or some other service?

4. Trance56k

Trance56k Member

Still using iCloud.

5. Pedro

Pedro New Member

Long story but I'll say it.

I was at school the other day when my iPhone 4S randomly turned off and got stuck on the Apple logo. I did a Hard restet and it still froze In the Apple logo. So I put it in Recovery Mode when I got home and And did a restore. Once the restore was done, i got in the "Set Up iPhone" screen. So I set up my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.0.1) and I reach the point where it ask me to do select a Restore from Back up. There were 3 options,

Option 1: Make new device
    Option 2: Restore from iCloud back up ( Ive recently been before using iCloud as a back up, not iTunes)
    Option 3: Back up from iTunes.

(I was backing things back always to iCloud but also sometimes for iTunes.

So I sellected iTunes (Option 3) and My iPhone restored and very thing was back in my Device exept pictures. All pictures were gone. So As I said before, I had been backing up to iCloud and iTunes. So imidietly I plugged my iPhone again to iTunes after the restore and clicked the "Sync" button. And no pictures were back. But also when I call people their contact pictures still apear and I still have my wallpaper picture. So I know that they cant be gone?!?!

So do you have any advice on this situation. Please help. Tell me what I have to do to get all my pictures back.
    Thanks.

6. Pedro

Pedro New Member

Thank you very much.

7. thefox

thefox New Member

I have 5.0GB of storage but my phone says it can't back up as I don't have enough space, what am I doing wrong

8. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

What all do you have selected to be backed up?

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

you probably have old back ups
    just click manage storage from the cloud in your setttings
    you see everything what is in your cloud

10. thefox

thefox New Member

I just have contacts, calendars & reminders and it says Total Storage 5.0 GB Available 5.0 GB

11. VeeCee

VeeCee New Member

I have an iPhone 4S and I have not been able to do an iCloud backup since I updated to iOS 6. Storage is not the issue as I have 19.1GB available. Any ideas?

12. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

What are you getting for an error message? If the question is does iCloud work with a 4S and iOS6, the answer is yes, it works fine on my wifes 4S on iOS6 (which was my 4S on iOS 6 before and I used it constantly with iCloud).

13. KittykatMeowMeow

KittykatMeowMeow New Member

I had the same issue, where it would say "backup not complete". I took my phone into Apple because of a hardware issue (battery wasn't charging either) and after they swapped out the phone my iCloud backed up, but before that the backups kept failing. I would backup your phone with iTunes, restore the phone with the backup just taken from iTunes then backup the newly restored phone with iCloud to see if it takes.

14. VeeCee

VeeCee New Member

No error message. I have it plugged in, locked and connected to Wi-Fi and will tell it to "Back Up Now". I check it, oh a good 8 hours later and it shows my Last Backup as almost 3 weeks ago.

15. VeeCee

VeeCee New Member

Thank you Kittykat...I will give that a try and let you know.

16. kaceyc3

kaceyc3 New Member

I am connected to wifi and im charging my battery so i just don't understand why icloud keeps saying "last backup could not be completed. last back up Never" when i have backed up in the past

17. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

What is your battery at?

How do you normally back up?

18. kaceyc3

kaceyc3 New Member

i normally do it with wifi
    this is so silly lol i finally got it to back up at 43% batttery

19. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

It's to insure you have enough battery so it doesn't die on the middle of a backup.
    Is what it is. Glad you got it to work

20. Kiidcurly

Kiidcurly New Member

For some reason I been trying to back up my info on iCloud for about 3 weeks and it will not let me back up.