problems changing carrier logo with customize on unlocked iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 23, 2007
As the title says I have an unlocked iPhone on firmware 1.1.1 and I have the customize app installed and im trying to change my carrier logo but when i go to change it i select ok go back to the home screen and it still says t-mobile does anyone know what's going on here or has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance guys

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
you could always manually install it via WinSCP... what logo is it that you are tying to install... try to install something else and see if it is just that one logo

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I have also found that if you are using a theme and that theme has the current carrier logo tied to it, you can change the logo manually and it will still show the theme logo. If you are using a theme, disable that first and then reboot your phone and see if it makes a difference. If it does and you really like the theme then you will need to go into the "theme" directory of your current theme and name your new carrier log to the one that coincides with the theme. Did that make sense?

Oct 23, 2007
Thanks for the info Doby45 I just gave it a shot and still nothing. I've tried everything stated in this thread and its not working yet. I don't know if I have a setting in the phone wrong maybe if thats possible? I don't know what is preventing me from changing the carrier logo. Any other ideas please? Thanks guys