problems installing iTunes on my PC

Dec 27, 2008
when i try to install iTunes i get an error message: installer has insufficent privileges to access this directory. C\ program data\Apple. the insatllation cannot continue.log on as administrator. now I hate to sound like a complete slug but can anyone help me out and tell me exactly how to get this to work?:oops: that includes how t log on as admin

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
People are trying to help you but jumping all around the forum with many different threads are not helping your cause. You start threads asking questions and then disappear. Soon forum members see your name and ignore your posts. We don't mind trying to help you but please give a little feedback. Did you get the iTunes wiFi problem straightened out yet? Then we will move to problem two...Mark

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
when i try to install iTunes i get an error message: installer has insufficent privileges to access this directory. C\ program data\Apple. the insatllation cannot continue.log on as administrator. now I hate to sound like a complete slug but can anyone help me out and tell me exactly how to get this to work?:oops: that includes how t log on as admin
sounds like Vista.... right?

did you try RIGHT-click on the installer icon and then select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR? you will, of course, need to know the admin password if you assigned one at Windows install time.

Dec 27, 2008
yes its vista i had to go in and set up as admin so when i start pc i have a vhioce i can log in as admin or my general accout. tried installing while logged in on my admin account and it still wont install. same error message as before. what do you mean right click on installer icon? what i con is that the start up screen for windows or what
:oops:

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
yes its vista i had to go in and set up as admin so when i start pc i have a vhioce i can log in as admin or my general accout. tried installing while logged in on my admin account and it still wont install. same error message as before. what do you mean right click on installer icon? what i con is that the start up screen for windows or what
It the iTunes installation file sitting on your desktop via an icon. Right click on it as the poster suggested above and select run as administrator. Mark

Dec 27, 2008
tried that didn't work i still get the same damn thing. I have never had so much trouble installing something

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
It's late and Im tired but out of curiosity did you try logging on to Windows as the administrator rather than your account? Just a thought :)