Problems Jailbreaking 1.1.2

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I ran into problems on my Jailbroken 1.1.2 phone and was forced to restore. When restoring, I held down option, then restore so I could restore back to 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.3. I successfuly restored to 1.1.2 and the proceeded to jailbreak. During the jailbreak process, I could not get the phone out of recovery mode after installing the 1.1.1 software. I used the "jailbreak.jar" app to Boot from recovery because I am on a Mac. It wouldn't process all the way so I had to cancel.

Anybody know any other software to get your phone out of recovery mode for a Mac. Thanks in advance.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I ran into problems on my Jailbroken 1.1.2 phone and was forced to restore. When restoring, I held down option, then restore so I could restore back to 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.3. I successfuly restored to 1.1.2 and the proceeded to jailbreak. During the jailbreak process, I could not get the phone out of recovery mode after installing the 1.1.1 software. I used the "jailbreak.jar" app to Boot from recovery because I am on a Mac. It wouldn't process all the way so I had to cancel.

Anybody know any other software to get your phone out of recovery mode for a Mac. Thanks in advance.

What how to are you using?

Did you get the good error message 1015?

First of all you ned to restore down to 1.1.1 then then the jailbreak.jar

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I'm using the directions given by Chris716

Yes I got the error message and yes I restored down to 1.1.1. When I try to get out of recovery mode after restoring to 1.1.1, thats when I got stuck. Jailbreak.jar doesn't finish the Boot To recovery.

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
I'm using the directions given by Chris716

Yes I got the error message and yes I restored down to 1.1.1. When I try to get out of recovery mode after restoring to 1.1.1, thats when I got stuck. Jailbreak.jar doesn't finish the Boot To recovery.
to get out of recovery mode you have to use app snapp

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I am using a mac so does AppSnapp work with Macs? On the thread that Chris716 posted the directions, he said if you were on a Mac you could use jailbreak.jar and press boot to recovery.

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Well hopefully this will help. When you get the phone down to 1.1.1 and you get the 1015 error, you need to use appsnapp to kick you out of recovery mode. After you Jailbreak and install OKTOPREP you'll need to hit shift and the shift and Update button to select your firmware 1.1.2 that you have saved to your computer. Right when you get back to 1.1.2 and your iPhone restarts use Windows.bat to jailbreak the phone again and after it reboots a few times your done.

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
Well hopefully this will help. When you get the phone down to 1.1.1 and you get the 1015 error, you need to use appsnapp to kick you out of recovery mode. After you Jailbreak and install OKTOPREP you'll need to hit shift and the shift and Update button to select your firmware 1.1.2 that you have saved to your computer. Right when you get back to 1.1.2 and your iPhone restarts use Windows.bat to jailbreak the phone again and after it reboots a few times your done.
That is exactly what you have to do. You should be good to go unless the windows.bat does not work on mac:confused:[

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I used Independence to get my phone out of recovery mode and everything worked fine. Finally got my apps back on my phone! Thanks everyone for your help!

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
independence is only good for mac right?

imaster

Feb 12, 2008
independence is only good for mac right?
To be honest i find that waiting for appsnapp to do anything takes years, the best thing for you to do on a mac is download:

iPhone drive
iPhoneinterface
independence
appsnapp
iphuc

and anything else that is going to remotely connect to your iPhone quickly, iphuc you have to have your previous settings installed, when you want to boot out of recovery just load them all up at the same time and it kicks it in about 20 secs, best thing i ever thought of works like a charm for me each time. (Also have your iPhone connected via USB obviously)