Problems launching apps

Jun 8, 2008
So far on my jailbroken iPhone I have installed OpenSSH, SubBSD, and Web1913 (a dictionary). I understand that OpenSSH and SubBSD will not show up on the desktop because they are in the background behind the the GUI, but why won't Web1913 show up? I know no other way of launching it.
Any help would be much appreciated. . .

Thanks

Jun 8, 2008
I believe that you must also install an app called weDict.
Thanks man. Hey, I was also wondering if Web1913 is an up-to-date dictionary because it says "1913." If it isn't up to date, do you know of another version I can install that is up to date? And is there a webpage I can go to that shows all the currently available third party apps for the iPhone and describes them all? I suppose I could just do this on the iPhone by scrolling through all of them in installer, but it would be cool if I could do it on a larger screen, as in on my laptop. As you can see I'm new to the open Apple community, but my background is in Ubuntu linux :)

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Thanks man. Hey, I was also wondering if Web1913 is an up-to-date dictionary because it says "1913." If it isn't up to date, do you know of another version I can install that is up to date? And is there a webpage I can go to that shows all the currently available third party apps for the iPhone and describes them all? I suppose I could just do this on the iPhone by scrolling through all of them in installer, but it would be cool if I could do it on a larger screen, as in on my laptop. As you can see I'm new to the open Apple community, but my background is in Ubuntu linux :)
Your welcome. Here's a pretty good place to get started;

http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/

You can do search for a specific app on the Installer.