Problems playing YouTube videos

ugotipws

Jul 4, 2007
Is anyone else having problems playing youtube videos on their iPhone? Or is it just me. Is it something wrong with my browser or something wrong with the phone? It either doesn't play at all or its really slow in streaming. Or maybe its the slow ATT edge network.

HELP!

Jun 28, 2007
Is anyone else having problems playing youtube videos on their iPhone? Or is it just me. Is it something wrong with my browser or something wrong with the phone? It either doesn't play at all or its really slow in streaming. Or maybe its the slow ATT edge network.

HELP!
iPhone can play only MPEG-4 and H.264 video, but youtube video is flv format. And google just convert about 10000 youtube videos to H.264 for iPhone and iPod, so there are still many youtube videos that iPhone can not play directly. And google is still converting the other youtube videos, I'm sure you will be able to watch all the youtube videos in a few monthes later.
If you want to get your favorite youtube video on iPhone, here is a guide teach you how to download youtube video to computer for free
http://www.aimersoft.com/tutorial/free-download-youtube-video.html
then drag the downloaded video to your iTunes playlist and sync to iPhone, done. :laugh2:

ugotipws

Jul 4, 2007
iPhone can play only MPEG-4 and H.264 video, but youtube video is flv format. And google just convert about 10000 youtube videos to H.264 for iPhone and iPod, so there are still many youtube videos that iPhone can not play directly. And google is still converting the other youtube videos, I'm sure you will be able to watch all the youtube videos in a few monthes later.
If you want to get your favorite youtube video on iPhone, here is a guide teach you how to download youtube video to computer for free
http://www.aimersoft.com/tutorial/free-download-youtube-video.html
then drag the downloaded video to your iTunes playlist and sync to iPhone, done. :laugh2:
Hey fireraining,
Thanks a lot for the info. I thought i was going crazy or something. That makes a lot of sense. How do they decide which videos they convert first. Have you watched any on your iPhone? Tell me the ones youve watched so I can try to watch them on mine and experience it myself.
Thanks