Problems sending video's via email from Yahoo

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So I make a video, and send it via email. I'm told the video is too long and that I should trim it, I press "yes" and the video is trimmed. I am brought to the email app, put the person's email addess in and send.

Unfortunately, it hangs at the "sending" screen and eventually I get a message that an error has occurred and that my email was not sent.

This DOES NOT HAPPEN with my Cablevision account - but I still would rather use my Yahoo account since that's what I normally use.

What am I doing wrong?

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
After further testing, Yahoo will send any normal, non-video related email - but not video's (they seem to run around 5 MB) Help!

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Beh, no responses....anyone else experiencing this?

My Cablevision account works fine to send video's...but my Yahoo account just gets stuck at the "sending" part and eventually times out fails.

Why would Yahoo not allow us to send emails from the iPhone? I know Yahoo has a 10 MB limit on uploading, but clearly a 1 minute video is like 2 MB at best.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I can tell you that you might be exceeding Yahoo's file size limit. Or, it's possible that the file extension is flagged for some reason.

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
There hasn't been a word about this on these boards at all - I'm really just curious if everyone is having the same issue - which I would think is the case.

Question: Is anyone able to email a video using Yahoo on the 3GS?

jel231

Aug 12, 2007
I am having the same issue. I have tried taking several videos and none have made it past "sending" status. I even received the same results when trying to send a test video only 10-15 seconds in length.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I just tried. It didn't work. It froze my Yahoo mail account on the phone. I have to delete the account & add it back on.

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Hmm...wow too bad. Everyone seems to have this issue with Yahoo. :(

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
I had issues that it either wouldn't send the video or it would send 4 of the same emails so I created an account with Gmail

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
I dunno but ever since I started to use the 3gs yahoo mail has been a little flaky, it hangs on the sending screen, the little bubble that shows how many new emails you have won't go away even if you've read all the emails. I don't even want to try a video.

I had issues that it either wouldn't send the video or it would send 4 of the same emails so I created an account with Gmail
I wish I could do the same, I tried it for some time, but gmai never gives me the little popup on the home screen with how new emails I have. They are always in the all mail folder, never in the inbox.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I wish I could do the same, I tried it for some time, but gmai never gives me the little popup on the home screen with how new emails I have. They are always in the all mail folder, never in the inbox.
How are you setting up Gmail? If you enable IMAP on your account online, and then setup the mailbox IMAP under "Other" in the mail setup it should function normally. I've been using Gmail IMAP since it came out, and it's been flawless for both accounts.