Problems uninstalling software using installer...

EMAGDNIM

Sep 3, 2007
Toronto, Canada eh!
So I got my new shiny iPhone and I've unlocked it and added installer on it. So I've been playing around with it and now I've run into a problem. I cant seem to remove any apps that I've added.

I only tried Apollo IM and it loaded fine. But now that I want to remove it, it's giving me a error "Package download failed". I also can't download Mobile chat from the installer as well. I haven't tried another app as I'm a little worried that it wont be able to be uninstalled as well.

Thanks in advance...

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
So I got my new shiny iPhone and I've unlocked it and added installer on it. So I've been playing around with it and now I've run into a problem. I cant seem to remove any apps that I've added.

I only tried Apollo IM and it loaded fine. But now that I want to remove it, it's giving me a error "Package download failed". I also can't download Mobile chat from the installer as well. I haven't tried another app as I'm a little worried that it wont be able to be uninstalled as well.

Thanks in advance...
Go to installer > all packages and reinstall Community Sources.
I had the same problem as you and reinstalling cleared my issue.
Let me know if it worked.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
In cydia, select packages, and then manage installed packages, select the one you want to remove, then unistal it.