Problems Unlocking 2g iPhone 16gb

skydvn

Mar 24, 2008
I am trying to unlock a second 2g iPhone I got for my wife. I have a 8gb phone with 1.1.4 that I JB and unlocked 6 monts ago. And works great with T-mobile.

Now I am stuck with this 16gb 2gphone I am trying to unlock. I have downloaded the latest ziPhone software and tried to unlock the phone without sucess. What am I doing wrong? What version of ZiPhone, iTunes, iPhone firmware, work best in combination? Should I have my T-mobile sim card in the phone? Restore or not?

Yes I am a novice......and need it spelled out. I have tried several things and the phone just hangs during the process. The 1st time with an older version of ziPhone was easier.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Eli

skydvn

Mar 24, 2008
Still can't unlock & JB

I have tried to do what it says to do on iclarified, but iTunes will not let me upgrade(1st step) the firmware because the sim card in the phone is from t-mobile.

I still need more specific help unlocking & jailbreaking this 2g 16gb iPhone.....

Thanks

E.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The first step is to update iTunes on the computer to the latest version. Don't connect the phone until that is done. Have you tried removing the SIM, connecting the phone, and hitting the restore button in iTunes? If that works, restore to factory settings and then run redsn0w.

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
I'm pretty sure you must have an AT&T sim card in to jailbreak/unlock it first, than put your t-mobile sim inside. That's what I always do, zero problems.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm pretty sure you must have an AT&T sim card in to jailbreak/unlock it first, than put your t-mobile sim inside. That's what I always do, zero problems.
That's not necessary.....

skydvn

Mar 24, 2008
Still stuck..........:)

I have the latest iTunes running. I tried to restore without the sim card in the phone and Message comes up.......

iTunes cannot activate your iPhone because the SIM card is not inserted or a SIM PIN is required. Disconnect your iPhone, make sure the sim card is inserted correctly and, if you use a SIM PIN, tap Unlock to enter it, then reconnect your iPhone.

I am not sure what to do next. Suggestions?

Would love to fix this thing before Vegas trip in a few weeks......

Thanks for all the help......

E.