Problems with 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by ZenFury, Nov 29, 2011.

1. ZenFury

ZenFury New Member

Well. I started a separate thread because the other has been high jacked by nitpicking and numbers theory, none of which is helpful or relevant.

So, here we go:

Won't sync 9 out of 10 tries.

Funkiness with calls, including when a call ends, it ends for the other person but not me, and I can't end unless I hard boot.

Speech to text has stopped working.

Everything force closes way way to often ( and I compare this to two iPads; five iPod touch g4, and two iPhone 4 in the house.

Music is horrible, always crackling, strange hiccups during playback not present on any other iOS devices.

Can't download from app store.

Constantly losing both signal, and wifi, when other devices aren't.

Siri returns bizarre unrelated content, if functioning at all, though it seems to occur in waves rather than at random intervals, so I am allowing some room for it being a server issue of some kind.

Battery life issues, but this is already well known.

Ye list does go on, I only attempt to show a pattern of bugginess ...

I had downloaded this app to see if others had issues similar, and for ideas on how to proceed. I fear, however, aid is not the design of most here, but rather to entice argument and other trollish behavior. So we shall see there...

2. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Have you taken it to Apple?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. ZenFury

ZenFury New Member

It has been restored at least six times, twice as a new device. Sadly no, we have only on Apple store, and I live out in the boonies. We make only one trip a month to the city, so it has

4. ZenFury

ZenFury New Member

Dah! Anyways, had to wait. Will be going in a couple days, but I can say that my previous experience with the Apple store has NOT been positive, so I have been hoping it was some kind of hardware software clash that would be fixed in next update.

5. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

You can call Apple customer service. I bet by the time your half way through your list of problems they will send you a new phone. In the mean time, make sure you are running the newest version of iTunes and don't even think about restoring your replacement phone from a backup. Good luck!

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

If its not too much of a hassle for you the last thing I would do before bringing to the Apple store is to restore as new.

7. jpepping

jpepping New Member

When I got mine just a few days ago, Siri would not work at all. Kept saying could not complete the request. I did a Reset All and Siri now works perfectly and the phone is working much better, battery life seems better too. The only thing you lose is any settings you had, but contacts, photos, etc remain. It might be worth a try.

Jim

8. ZenFury

ZenFury New Member

Well, I had already done restores and restores as new, resets from hand device, etc. took it to Apple today. They replaced it, and immediately there were problems. As soon as they put my sim card in the new one, it went all funky and said the phone needed to be activated. An hour and a half later, with both myself and the Apple guy on separate phone calls with Verizon, it just arbitrarily started working. Okay strange, but at least it was working. Until I got home, and it wouldn't sync. Ummmmm, awesome.

9. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Anyone know where I can get one of these in tin foil?

uploadfromtaptalk1322828824253.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

10. ZenFury

ZenFury New Member

Argh! So been having issues with iPad 2. Today iTunes couldnt read data on it so I had to restore. Seemed fine after, until I looked at my pictures! They are all messed up! Pixelated like mad. Spent couple hours on phone with Apple today. All they had to say is it sounds like I've done everything I could and they need time to investigate. Ummm thanks Apple. So glad I've spent thousands of dollars to get zero help on my products.