Problems With 5s Camera

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Disneymom2003, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

Just heard some are having problems with their camera on the new phone. Something about a purple haze around pictures. Anyone?

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

What's a 5S?

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Yup, not on every picture but I have it too.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

5. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I think he meant fives. Not 5 S. O_o

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I haven't even wanted to take pictures really with this iPhone 5. I'm on my second one, about to get a third this weekend. Replacements. When I take video I have a hissing/static noise that accompanies the video sound. It sucks.

The first iPhone 5 I got didn't even record sound when I took video now this replacement records sound and hissing/static along with it. C'mon Apple! I don't have time for this crap! I have other things to do. Now I've got to take time out of my Saturday to handle this. It just pisses me off.

7. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

The more and more I read about the 5 and its problems the more and more I contemplate waiting to upgrade from my 4. hmm....luckily I can't until late oct when my contract is up and I switch to verizon..the question is, will it be the iPhone 5?

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Sorry to hear that. That has got to be a major pain in the tush!

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

It is and I'm not a happy camper right now. iPhone 4 and 4S never ever had this issue. I listened to old videos I took with those phones and they sounded great. You could hear the voice as it was intended and that's it. No static/hissing. This iPhone video so far sucks for sound.

Saturday I will stay in there picking through their inventory until I find an iPhone 5 that does not have the static/hissing issue. I will have to inspect it for scratches and whatever else could be a problem. I expect a fully functional product and so far I'm 0 for 2.

10. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

He meant 5's, possessive, i.e. John's camera, 5's camera, etc. I think.

11. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

Yes Tank You

12. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

13. thevlad

thevlad Member
    Bronze

The hissing is in all iPhones when volume of video is turned up.

14. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I've taken over 100 pictures with my 5 and don't have even 1 with the "purple-gate" issue. Hope it gets fixed for you guys.

15. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I do not have this loud static/hissing sound in my previous videos taken with my iPhone 4 or 4S. This is much louder and noticeable even without the volume turned all the way up.

My previous videos from the other iPhones are crystal clear, even with the volume turned all the way up.

This is a hardware issue.

Sent from my iPheezy 5 using iCafe app

16. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Sharunda
    so I was taking some pics of my phone (for here) from my sons phone
    And I noticed some redish/black/white waffle thinggy flickering through the screen.
    A few seconds a few times. Son said he seen it a few times when taking pictures. I tried to recreate it to get a video of it but son is so attached to his phone.
    I doubt that this is a software issue

17. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

imutter

Yup, this iPhone 5 is more buggy than the last one. That waffle thing sounds like the Grid is popping up on you. There is an option for a Grid on your camera. Not sure what it's for exactly but you have to choose it. It shouldn't pop up out of the blue.

My Siri isn't working now. Actually it hasn't been working all week. I thought it was a high traffic problem on the server,but Siri usually tells me she can't do whatever it is I want but she's just not saying anything now. This is also another issue I've read about that people have been having.

I did a restore last night, again, and it didn't help any of my problems.

18. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Sharunda I have my phone working fine at the moment LOL
    I guess waffle wasn't the right word more like a 1/3 of the screen from top to bottom with some pixle squares
    My kid is a bid attached to the phone. It's like his left arm LOL
    I will try later take a video. I do need this recorded at least. I looked around but people only got the keyboard line ours is nothing like that!