Problems with artwork for videos

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 11, 2007
Is anyone else having problems loading artwork for videos in iTunes? I have converted some of my DVDs to iPhone format and loaded them in iTunes, but everytime I try to manually update the artwork it doesn't take.

BlackJack

Jul 10, 2007
Is anyone else having problems loading artwork for videos in iTunes? I have converted some of my DVDs to iPhone format and loaded them in iTunes, but everytime I try to manually update the artwork it doesn't take.
I am certainly having trouble. I am using DVD Decrypter and Super C to get my dvd's into iPhone .mp4 format. everything works great and I get the movies over to the phone just fine and they play great.

My problem is trying to get good "album artwork" for them. I have been scanning the DVD box covers and then formating them to 500x740. I read somewhere that this was the size of the artwork image if you buy a movie from iTunes.

After I import the movie, I got to the "get info" screen. I then go to the Artwork Tab and choose add. I select my scanned image and the click ok. Then everything goes crazy. Basically every time I have tried this iTunes stops responding requiring me to force quit it in task manager and, even worse, this process corrupts the movie file. Thus causing me to have to re-rip it.

The above method works great for music albums but I have not been able to find any answers to this problem for Movies. What I have been doing in the meantime is playing the movie in iTunes and finding a "cool" part of the movie and pausing it. then you can right click and "set poster frame". This at least solves the problem of all my movies having the studio logos on them in the browser.

If anyone knows how to successfuly add true "album artwork" to their personal DVD's that they have added into iTunes I would love to know how. I would much prefer to have the actual DVD cover art used for my movies.

-BlackJack