Problems with Bluetooth (and how to reset)

1. benster

benster New Member

i was having problems with pairing my "JAWBONE" bluetooth device. i followed the directions and still nothing. i turned on the bluetooth on my iPhone the auto search kept searching for devices but nothing would show up. i called tech support and was told to go to "settings" then switch the "airplane mode" on and off several times then turn the bluetooth on and off and then back on. it started worked instantly!

2. jamesmadison

jamesmadison New Member

I concur

Had the same problem so I did what you said and of course it did not work. So I disconnected the iPhone from the device list, reconnected it and ADDED A PASSCODE. Voila, it is now discovered and the iPhone knows that it is connected to the computer. Now on to more challenges such as network connectivity. The phone connects via Edge but not via my Network.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. smokay420

smokay420 New Member

sry. Well I'm brand new to this. Hehe but yes when you say that you added a passcode, what are you referring to? The jawbone headset or your computer? Or to the iPhone?

5. cdodkin

cdodkin New Member Bronze

Most BT devices require you to type in a 4 digit PIN to allow you to associate (pair) with them 1st time around.

You get a screen on the iPhone that asks you to type the PIN in.

Once you do that once, the two devices are paired and will work together.

Most devices default to 0000 as the PIN

6. smokay420

smokay420 New Member

yes I knew that already. Thanks though. But I meant that if he was able to connect with his computer via BT. I have a BT device myself so yes. But thanks anyways.

7. pjd1000

pjd1000 New Member

Tap jabone button

I had the same problem...if you tap the jabone button once (make sure it's on), it will speed up the iPhone finding your device. But I had to wait a long time for iPhone to find it.

8. vrsc

vrsc Member Bronze

How is your volume on your jawbones? I purchased a Jawbone 2 for my 3G and the volume is so low that I can't hear my friends on the other line. I've been on the phone with jawbone's tech support and bhave recently exchanged my jawbone for another jawbone but still having the same problem

9. equlizer

equlizer New Member

I have the jawbone 2 for my 3g and its the best combo ive ever had (and ive had a lot)

absolutely no static between the 2 even after 15ft. I can leave my iPhone in the livingroom and go into the bedroom and still talk. I think there are 5 volume levels on the jawbone 2 and i cant go higher than #4 (even with window open) or its just too damn loud. I normally keep it on #3.

10. pjd1000

pjd1000 New Member

Volume Problem

That volume problem sounds odd. I would take it back and get a new one. The store may not give you a new one, but I've hear of a few folks having volume or button problems and Jawbone'll send you a new one.

11. ihateiphones

ihateiphones New Member

Bluetooth not connecting

Hi can someone please help me, the bluetooth on this phone just keeps searching for the devices and never finds it. i tried suggestion one and it didn't work. am attempting suggestion 2 but i cant find how to 'disconnect from the device list'? to them attempt the rest. please help

SUGGESTION 1:
    i was having problems with pairing my "JAWBONE" bluetooth device. i followed the directions and still nothing. i turned on the bluetooth on my iPhone the auto search kept searching for devices but nothing would show up. i called tech support and was told to go to "settings" then switch the "airplane mode" on and off several times then turn the bluetooth on and off and then back on. it started worked instantly!

SUGGESTION 2:

Had the same problem so I did what you said and of course it did not work. So I disconnected the iPhone from the device list, reconnected it and ADDED A PASSCODE. Voila, it is now discovered and the iPhone knows that it is connected to the computer. Now on to more challenges such as network connectivity. The phone connects via Edge but not via my Network.

12. graisin

graisin New Member

I have an LR3 with Bluetooth. My old iPhone 2G worked fine with the car. I need to unpair and pair the new iPhone each time I get in the vehicle. Have talked to tech at MyApple numerous times with no good results. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

13. cdodkin

I have the LR3 as well - so I know it can work!

Firstly - make sure your iPhone firmware is up to date, and the firmware in the LR3 system is up to date (ask your LR dealer to check) - there have been updates to both!

Then go into your Bluetooth set-up in your iPhone and clear out all pairings.

Then go to the LR3 and switch ignition ON.

Set iPhone to search for Bluetooth devices.

Select Land Rover

Key in access code from LR keypad (2121 is the usual code)

Pairing should then be stored.

Try running like this for a few days to prove that it's all working ok - before you consider pairing anything additional to your iPhone.

I have found that the sequence of adding additional BT pairings (like headsets etc) to the iPhone can cause the issue.

14. cdodkin

Just a thought - is your old iPhone still around - i.e. still being used by another family member?

If so - it could be grabbing the BT sync on the LR3.

15. Ralph Belton

Ralph Belton New Member

For anyone else having problems with pairing a Bluetooth key board with the iPad i found the following to work:
    power down the ipad by holding down the power button at the top right of the ipad until it ask you to use the virtual slide to confirm that you want to do just that. Leave the unit off for 5 seconds and then turn it back on. Go back to bluetooth pairing and initiate pairing with the keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014