Problems with call holding

nishant_81

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Whenever I am on a call with someone and I get another call (call wait), and I choose the "hold current call and answer" option, I am not able to hear the second caller at all. It seems as if the line went dead or something. Then, as I try to go back to the previous call or "swap" or "conference", it doesn't let me. Then, when I try to end the call, it kinda doesn't (doesn't respond). Then I press the home button, it goes to the home screen and i see a green bar on the top showing that two calls are active. Then i tap that and again try to end the calls, the phone kinda hangs for 5-6 seconds. After that it almost resets, i.e., for a few seconds it says no service and then immediately I see full service. And this happens in areas where there is full service throughout.

Phone: 8GB iPhone / 1.1.4 OS version.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Whenever I am on a call with someone and I get another call (call wait), and I choose the "hold current call and answer" option, I am not able to hear the second caller at all. It seems as if the line went dead or something. Then, as I try to go back to the previous call or "swap" or "conference", it doesn't let me. Then, when I try to end the call, it kinda doesn't (doesn't respond). Then I press the home button, it goes to the home screen and i see a green bar on the top showing that two calls are active. Then i tap that and again try to end the calls, the phone kinda hangs for 5-6 seconds. After that it almost resets, i.e., for a few seconds it says no service and then immediately I see full service. And this happens in areas where there is full service throughout.

Phone: 8GB iPhone / 1.1.4 OS version.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Mine works fine. Maybe a fresh restore (yes I know that sux)?