Problems with Gmail

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
I haven't been able to get my emails from my Gmail account using Edge. It will work with wifi though. It keeps giving me an "Invalid Credential" error. Anybody have any solutions?

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
The full error message is "cannot get mail invalid credentials (failure)".

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
U might go to your gmail account and check all of your personal settings. I had to go in and change a few things to get my gmail sent to my phone.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I have this email that says "no sender no message" and cannot delete it.. As much as I try

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
have you tried to deleat it manually threw your computer?

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
Do you remember which settings you had to change? I checked the gmail settings, but didn't see anything that looked relevant.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
thats the funny thing .. there is nothing on the computer.... nothing at alll

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
thats the funny thing .. there is nothing on the computer.... nothing at alll
Strange. Is it on IMAP? I never have problems with Google IMAP. It is the only email I will use on the iPhone (because it works).

Did you try contacting google for assistance? Maybe they can help you.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes it is not there... it is weird... there two of them.. that is weird... yuo use imap? does that mean that it will alert you as soon as you get email like the yahoo one?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
yes it is not there... it is weird... there two of them.. that is weird... yuo use imap? does that mean that it will alert you as soon as you get email like the yahoo one?
No. I do not really understand exactly how it works. Tinman posted a link to an article once about POP, IMAP and Yahoo push. I will have to read it again (or search for it again) since I am not techy and I do not remember every detail. For gmail IMAP you still have to set the phone to check for mail every 15 minutes (or 30 or whatever), but I actually have that turned off right now. I do not have a problem checking manually. The IMAP makes the phone and the computer sync so if you delete on iPhone it deletes on computer. It works almost as well as BB mail worked for me (IMO). I can always send and receive easily from the gmail imap, even over edge.

I have Yahoo bizmail (name@mydomain.com) and you have to manually set up the POP for it (not through the Yahoo screen on the iPhone). But whenever I set it up it bugs out and freezes up my account on the computer! It is a PIA, so I have given up on it for now. I need that email to work on computer at work since I use it all day, 5 days/week.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
mine is a mess.. i have a gmail account then i have it set to forward my mail to a yahoo mail account that i made only for the push thing...

i have google archive then forward the mail to yahoo then yahoo does the push deal.... its a mess i know....

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
mine is a mess.. i have a gmail account then i have it set to forward my mail to a yahoo mail account that i made only for the push thing...

i have google archive then forward the mail to yahoo then yahoo does the push deal.... its a mess i know....
I think the Yahoo push would work for me if I had a regular yahoo account (well, I do, but I do not use it). Well, maybe I could forward my bizmail to my regular yahoo? I think I would get all confused. lol!

If your push working on Yahoo? People have complained latey around here that it is not working.

Shlov1

Bronze
Jan 12, 2009
OK, so I have noticed that on IOS4.0 that every email I have in my gmail account shows up in my inbox and in my gmail -> All mail folder also. this happens for sent, deleted, and received. So if I delete something I have to delete it everywhere? All I want is just the one inbox and everything there and if I delete something I want it deleted. Do I not have something set up right? Please help. Thanks.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I think you have it set up right. I have to be honest, I did not even know that the "All Mail" folder even existed. I use my inbox and the folders I sort in to. Not the best of suggestions, but maybe just don't use the all mail folder? I am not sure what the folder is for really, but if you turn that folder off (so it does not show) in gmail on the web (settings -> labels -> all mail "hide) maybe it will just go away and you won't have to worry about it. I am trying it now to see if it modifies what is on the phone. Though it might take a short bit to sync the folders.