Problems with iMac wireless?

claygreenberg

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
hello. I am planning to purchase an iMac relatively soon, or at least I was planning to before I read hundreds of complaints of problems with it connecting to wireless networks. This could be a dealbreaker for me. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I've never heard of anyone having problems connecting with any wireless networks, and my iMac has never had any problems with wireless networks...

IMO, it's safe to buy.

claygreenberg

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
hmm. Do you have an aluminum iMac or one of the previous white models? This problem is all over the Apple discussion boards and seems to be only with new aluminum iMacs and only since a specific OS update.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
hmm. Do you have an aluminum iMac or one of the previous white models? This problem is all over the Apple discussion boards and seems to be only with new aluminum iMacs and only since a specific OS update.
I have the late white model. Basically the one with the camera.
I know a few people who have the aluminum iMacs and they don't have problems either.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
we used an aluminum iMac at my work for about 6 months (up until about a month ago), and never had any issues with wireless connectivity.

What OS update are you referring to?