Problems with installer...

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Ok my installer keeps crashing and its crashing right after I open it up and it shows the refreshing sources bar but crashes right after it pops up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I have tried rebooting the phone by holding power and home button and by just holding the lock button and slide to power off.

iCreep.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The first thing I would do is make sure that you have a strong connection. Try to get into a WiFi area and see if it still happens when connected by WiFi. The sources list is stored in a file names PackageSource.plist and it sounds like yours might have become corrupt. You could get a replacement for your PackageSources.plist and try replacing that on the phone as long as you can ssh into it. The file goes in the /var/root/Library/Installer directory. There was a post several months ago that had a copy of the file in it but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the thread.

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
I am by a very strong wifi source and if there isn't an easy way to do it I might just re-mod it and upgrade to 1.1.3 because this is just ridiculous.

iCreep.