Problems with iOS6!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
Right after I downloaded to the iOS6 for my iPhone 4S my battery life was cut in half. By lunch time my phone's battery was like it used to be my midnight. I went to the Apple Store and they said it' a reoccurring problem. They gave me the option of either replacing the battery or the phone (I only bought it a little over a week ago). I opted for the battery for now. A brand new phone is going to put me out of commission for at least half a day! They seemed convinced its the OS and not the battery because they've seen it too often since OS6 was released. I'm sure Apple has caught wind about this by now and we need a fix yesterday!

Inkncraig

Jan 30, 2012
My battery did the same thing when I upgraded the OS.
I just kept using the phone and the battery life went back to normal.

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
Is Apple going to address this "battery drain" with an iOS6 upgrade fix? They are aware of it because the issue is addressed on their MAC Forum site and my local Apple Store reps said they are seeing a reoccurrence of this battery issue. They gave me the option of either replacing my newly purchased 4S or replacing the battery. He told me that he's pretty sure it's the new. operating system. I opted for the new battery. I took out a lot of my FaceBook alerts and my battery now lasts about a day (where it was draining mid-day before) and before that with the iOS5.1.1 I didn't even have to charge it everyday at all. I hope they come out with a "fix" soon!

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
It seems Apple has a lot to fix in the next update. I'm guessing that an update will not come out for some time...

TonyPurple

Jul 23, 2010
Since upgrading to iOS 6, my iPod no longer plays.. It simply freezes when trying to press any of the prompts.. I'm running on a 4s and also subscribe to iTunes Match so my music is a big reason for me to have stayed with iPhone.. Has anyone else seen this?

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
It seems Apple has a lot to fix in the next update. I'm guessing that an update will not come out for some time...
I suspect just the opposite. Unless they have a hard time identifying how to fix the issues like WiFi, I look for an update sooner rather than later. They absolutely need to address the major issues quickly to maintain their reputation; they're getting tarnished badly.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I see all these complaints of battery drain but try using an LTE Android device for a few weeks and then see if you complain. LTE is a battery hog, I don't care what usage times Apple quoted in their presentation. I've had several LTE Android devices and the only one that has come close to the iPhone 5 in terms of battery life is the HTC One X.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I see all these complaints of battery drain but try using an LTE Android device for a few weeks and then see if you complain. LTE is a battery hog, I don't care what usage times Apple quoted in their presentation. I've had several LTE Android devices and the only one that has come close to the iPhone 5 in terms of battery life is the HTC One X.
I agree with your statement but I think these guys are talking about their 4 and 4's on iOS6. My wife has the 5 and the battery life is great.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
My wife is saying the battery is going more dead on the 4S than it did on the 4 and she got to use both with iOS 6

Kenny65

Apr 15, 2012
My battery was draining like crazy after the iOS6 update. I was charging twice daily (instead of once). Like I mentioned Apple offered me a new (just upgraded from the 3GS to the 4S) phone or battery. I opted for the battery but was told it was probably the new OS. Anyway, I started to adjust push notifications and other things. Last weekend my battery life suddenly increased at least 100%. I don't have to even charge it daily anymore. Don't know what happened but I did read one blogger write that his improved over time after the upgrade. Lets keep our fingers crossed that this is just an adjustment "iThing"!