Problems with Jailbroken 3G and making calls

alpine3g

Bronze
Aug 6, 2008
Im hoping this is something simple and I don't have to restore. I just Jailbroke my 3G last night, added some themes but have not installed any major apps.

Here's my problem, I can receive calls but I cant dial. When I hit my phone Icon the Phone screen appears for about 15 seconds then disappears.

Can someone please help!

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
Do you have Kate installed? It has been said to make some phones crash.

alpine3g

Bronze
Aug 6, 2008
I did have it installed, but removed it. and Im still having problems. Should I restore and Jailbreak again without installing Kate?

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
I think Kate was the problem. The same problem happened to me recently. I had to unistall Kate, and do a full backup and restore. I re-jailbroke and the problem was solved.
Try not to mess with Kate. Many have reported problems using it. Let me know how it goes.

alpine3g

Bronze
Aug 6, 2008
Thanks for the help Saint. I checked again and Kate had not been removed, I removed it and the phone is back to normal.

Thanks Again!

Oct 8, 2008
i've got the same prob.i can recive calls but can't make them..i'm with att..also i don't know how to uninstall apps..lol i'm a noob..in need of help asap

burns5

Oct 11, 2008
It is Kate!

After I installed Kate and restarted my phone, I could no longer make any calls, or the calls would appear to be in the background but I couldn't retrieve them. STAY AWAY FROM KATE!