Problems with KeyPad after Installing Applications...

Jul 24, 2007
Hello All,

So, I have a problem with my keyboard right now and I'm hoping some of you guys here can help me out and guide me the right direction in hopes to cure this problem.

My keypad in general will not work anymore. The "Cap" button is completely black. If I attempt to press any characters the iPhone will freeze and the spinning circler thing which you get when your iPhone dies and shuts down or after you install an app and it then returns you to the home screen where you have to unlock your phone. I hope this makes sense.

This all started happening after I started to install some mods from "Planet-iphones Mods"... More specifically the Chromium iPhone, Chromium KeyBoard, Digital Dialer, Fading Apple Loaders, and finally the Ionic Theme. Also, after uninstalling ALL the "Planet-iphone Mods" more specifically the Chromium iPhone installation... I still see the theme in active even when I uninstalled it. What's up with that? I think this theme is the reason for why my keyboard is not working as I've just realized the Chromium KeyBoard package was never actually installed.

I uninstalled ALL those programs and the keyboard is still not working.

Any ideas anyone? Texting is a key factor and I need to get it back up and running. :)

Also, It doesn't seem like my iTunes is backing up my iPhone.

I checked when it iTunes. Edit -> Perferences -> Syncing... and nothing is there. Is there a way I can do it manually?

Worst comes to worst I will restore my iPhone but I do not want to risk losing all my SMS and Contacts, etc.

Jul 24, 2007
No one huh...

I'll paypal someone $20 bucks if they can help me fix this problem.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Click restore, click back up, and then let it restore and everything, and then click set up as new phone. Easy as pie.

Jul 24, 2007
Click restore, click back up, and then let it restore and everything, and then click set up as new phone. Easy as pie.
Saverino,

Thank you for the reply.

Will the back up, Back up everything in my phone including the Contacts, Call List, Voicemail, SMS (MOST IMPORTANT) and Notes?

What I care the most about is the SMS messages.

Thanks again for the reply...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Saverino,

Thank you for the reply.

Will the back up, Back up everything in my phone including the Contacts, Call List, Voicemail, SMS (MOST IMPORTANT) and Notes?

What I care the most about is the SMS messages.

Thanks again for the reply...
Im pretty sure it will. Ive restored my phone before and found that my texts were still there.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I restored today and my texts were still there, so I can confirm 100%