Problems with "phone" function

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
Ever since updating to iPhone Software 2.0, my phone has not been receiving calls smoothly.

Many of my callers have complained of the phone ringing once or twice then silence.

Many have also claimed to call, and i have no missed calls at all. And my phone never rang.

I still receive text messages fine.

Any one else having simliar problems? What can i do?

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
Many have also claimed to call, and i have no missed calls at all. And my phone never rang.
ive actually had the same exact problem. im hoping it will be fixed with the update that should be coming out soon.

AppleHead

Aug 3, 2008
I would recommend updating iTunes if you have not already and then doing a full restore of your iPhone and see if that does the trick. Sometimes the software can get corrupted and this can do the trick

If you restore from backup and it still does not work, Back up everything and restore as new phone sometimes the backup can be corrupt as well

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
I went to the Apple store, and they said this is a very common probem with the new 2.0 software. They had me go to the nearest AT&T store and get a new sim card, and do a new activation on it. This seemed to help, but definitely didn't get rid of my problem.

rmfnla

Bronze
Try putting one or two pieces of tape on the back of the SIM card.

This helps some phones get better reception; apparently the SIM card does not always make good contact and that could cause spotty phone service.