Problems with Springtomize 2?

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by kriknosretep, Feb 5, 2013.

1. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Is anyone else experiencing trouble with Springtomize 2?

I'm using an iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1 and ever since installing Springtomize 2, my SpringBoard constantly crashes and goes into safe mode. If I uninstall Springtomize 2, the problem stops.

I also have an iPad 3 on iOS 6 and Springtomize 2 is working perfectly on it.

My jailbreak went flawlessly. I have had a ton of trouble downloading Springtomize 2. I keep getting HTTP errors from BigBoss. But I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and continue to have the same issue.

Hoping I don't need to restore and re-jailbreak. I can't imagine that's the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Kirk

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just had my first SB crash since jailbreaking yesterday. I do have Springtomize 2 installed. You don't need to restore. If it is the Springtomize that's causing it, uninstalling it will fix the problem. You can report it to the developer if you're pretty sure it's the cause.

3. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

The only issue I am having with it is the Icons. I can change the icon sizes on the screen and in the dock and in the App Switcher. I can also change the number of icons on screen and in the doc, but not in the App Switcher. Other App switcher settings work like Disabling Paging but I always have only 4 icons, even when set to seven. Hhmmm

iPhone 5 iOS 6.1

4. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Are you on a 4S or a 5? I wonder if the iPhone model is causing an issue. Like I said, I'm having no issue at all with my iPad 3.

Kirk

5. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Same question: which iPhone model are you using?

6. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Edited...iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 I've looked for other possible interfering apps but have few installed yet. Nothing that impacts App Switcher or Dock.

7. Melissa Seims

Melissa Seims New Member

Hello I too am having the same issue on a 4S. Please let us know if you find a solution.

I have also messed with uninstalling other packages incase of a conflict - but no joy so far.

In safe mode if I open springtomize settings and disable it all is fine with my 4s but the minute I enable and respring I go straight into safe mode :(

Melissa

8. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Yeh, see I think that's the problem. It seems to be that it's people with the 4S that are having the problem. Thanks for the info!

9. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Hopefully they'll fix it soon, Melissa. It's obviously a problem with the 4S.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I doubt it's just the 4S. It's more likely that it's a general 6.x incompatibly. Have you ran Crash Reporter and does it list Springtomize?
    iPhone 5 on 6.1.

11. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Thanks, Europa. It has to be an iPhone 4S issue.

I sent the developer a Tweet. Hopefully he knows about it by now. I can't imagine that he doesn't.

Kirk

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Why are you certain it only affects the 4S? Be sure to include your crash log and syslog along with a description of the problem.

13. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Because
    Because everybody I've asked that says it's working tells me that they have an iPhone 5. Conversely, everyone who I've talked to that says it's crashing seems to have a 4S. Obviously it isn't conclusive, but it sure is a good hint.

I have no idea whatsoever how to include a crash log or a syslog.

Kirk

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Can't do five columns or more than four icons in the dock yet with Springtomize and I'm on a 5 running 6.1.

15. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Sorry...I didn't see this. How do I run Crash Reporter?

As you can tell, my technical knowledge with this stuff is, shall we say, limited.

Kirk

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It could also be incompatible with another app on your phone. There is an app in Cydia called Crash Reporter. It lists which apps and tweaks are causing a problems. The devs requests these crash logs along with a description of a problem when you contact them.

17. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

Okay. I'll download it and see what it tells me.

18. kriknosretep

kriknosretep Member
    Bronze

It showed me that SpringBoard has crashed 12 times--that's about right, but doesn't list a primary, secondary or tertiary "suspect."

Kirk

19. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

The only problem I'm having with Springtomize 2 on my 4S is that the alarm clock status bar icon doesn't hide when it's supposed to. It was the same way on iOS5 too. :rolleyes:

20. Bobby Edgar

Bobby Edgar New Member

It DEFINITELY is not just the 4S. I am having the issue on both my iPhone 5 and iPad 4. I thought that changing it from docking 5 icons to 4 would fix it but that did not do it.